Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gift for Japanese Person 2013/10/5 02:52
Hello!

I received a gift from a friend in Japan and I am looking to return the favor. I live in NY and she has visited NY but either which way I want to send her some good stuff from here.

Do you guys have any idea of any American goods or food that isn't available in Japan? I tried searching but there isn't much information on the internet about this subject.

I appreciate the reply!
By the way, she is in her 20's :)

Thank you,
by DavidR1865  

Halloween candies! 2013/10/5 15:11
Although Halloween is becoming popular in Japan, trick-or-treating is rarely done and authentic Halloween candies are available only in limited stores.

Corn candies aren't available at all off-line. I had to deal with a huge bag I bought on-line, but if you can find small portions, that would be great. Send your friend a bag full of assorted Halloween goodies just as though she'd been trick-or-treating!
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gift for Japanese Person 2013/10/9 01:41
That is a great idea! We were talking about halloween the other day and I didn't think about sending her Halloween themed candy. I will look into this and see what I find!

Thank you for the suggestion! :)
by DavidR1865 rate this post as useful

Re: Gift for Japanese Person 2013/10/17 03:33
I always find the best gifts to give a person are gifts that are unique to your area. Japan has there own brands and products, so they don't have a lot of American brands. I have even seen Japanese friends buy Lays potato chips with different flavors because they can't get them in Japan. So I would send her items that are unique to your area of NY. Like items you can only get in NY. I am from southern California so we have some unique coffee and tea shops, one is called Peet's coffee and the other Coffee bean and tea leaf, these are California companies so I might send a special tea they have or treats that have their packageing. Not Starbucks because they are all over the world. IT is always the thought that counts. One of my friends sent me her favorite ramen and fortunes, another gave me a fan and some wasabi kit kats. I am sure they will be happy with whatever they get.
by Travelman rate this post as useful

Re: Gift for Japanese Person 2013/10/18 14:19
There is also in Japan shop Dean & Deluca, but it's get the goods I'm glad.
Williams-Sonoma is no longer in Japan, I think the product is also good.
I think tote bag of Strand Book Store is selling in Japan, goods that are sold in the United States alone and is pleased.
It was liked when I went to the United States, it is icing(frosting) cookies.
Icing cookies are sold to Dean & Deluca of Japan, but if there is a hand-made feel more, there was a feeling of weight.
Features depends on the store, you see also it was fun.
by haro (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread