Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel translation help 2013/10/9 11:07
Hello all,
This is my story:
I am going for two weeks to Japan and I found a good hotel in Tokyo, I booked with them through a booking website. I wanted
to confirm the reservation directly with the hotel and ask for the possibility of arriving after 9 pm (no more front desk after 9 pm), unfortunately they cannot communicate in English; I managed to find someone who translated the above mentioned questions into Japanese and this is the reply I got from the hotel:

ジョージ モンロイ 様

お問い合わせの件ですが、

1。予約は入っております。確認致しました。
2。21:00以降に到着の場合は、チェックイン当日に当フロント迄

お電話(03-3203-2484)をして頂けると有り難いです。

フロントの営業時間が9:00〜21:00迄となっておりますので、

部屋番号をご案内して、カギは開けておきますので

ご利用下さい。当日お電話を頂けた場合追加料金はかかりません。

ジェイレジデンス新宿・高橋

According to Google Translator, the reservation is confirmed and they are asking me to call a phone number if I arrive after 9 pm, they also mention something about additional charges but I cannot understand exactly what they are talking about. Now I want to tell them that I will arrive before 9 pm (no need to call them) and ask them if I need to pay the hotel fee in cash upon arrival or I can pay with credit card. This is the English version:

"Hello,
I will be arriving on October 19th in the afternoon (before 15:00), please advise if I need to pay in cash the whole hotel fee upon arrival or you accept credit cards.

Thank you,

Jorge."

If someone can help me translating this message into Japanese, I will be very thankful.

Regards,

JM.
by Jorge. (guest)  

Re: Hotel translation help 2013/10/9 14:38
お返事を有り難うございました。
(Thank you for your reply.)
10月19日の午後15時前には着く予定です。
(I will be arriving on October 19th in the afternoon before 15:00)
ところで、到着時に現金で全額を支払う必要がありますか?
(By the way, will I need to pay in cash the whole hotel fee upon arrival?)
それともクレジットカードが使えるのでしょうか?
(Or will you accept credit cards?)
お手数ですが教えてください。
(Thank you for your advise.)

By the way, they said about additional charges
"if you will call us on that day,
we will inform you about your room-number
and we will keep your room unlock so you can enter the room directly,
in this case you don't need to pay additional charges".
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel translation help 2013/10/10 01:14

Thanks a lot japaneseboy. Given my total lack of skills in japanese, I will stick to arriving in the afternoon.

Regards,

JM.
by Jorge (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread