Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What gifts can I bring for children? 2013/10/10 01:57
I'm going to be meeting three Japanese children for the first time; boy aged 13, girl 11 and boy 8. American candy I'm sure but what else? Thank you!
by stevegand  

Re: What gifts can I bring for children? 2013/10/10 19:03
Definitely Twix and Skittles but number of mothers don't give chocolate to their children for health and teeth reason.

The other products, Key-chain, T-shirt, a pair of socks fine.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: What gifts can I bring for children? 2013/10/10 20:25
Thank you for your suggestions!
by stevegand rate this post as useful

Re: What gifts can I bring for children? 2013/10/10 23:53
Stationaries can be fun too. Each country has its own trend on stationaries, and especially girls love them.

If you know children their age living in the U.S., ask them what stationaries are popular in class. Or ask them what's popular in general, and bring them as gifts.

Also, children in Japan start learning English at their age range. Picture books written in very basic English can be good too. Make sure that the graphics are attractive, so that they won't get bored even if they don't understand the language.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: What gifts can I bring for children? 2013/10/11 00:08
Great suggestions! Thank you so much.

Re: What gifts can I bring for children? 2013/10/14 00:24
Those are great ideas Uco.

I would go to the toy section of Walmart and pick some small inexpensive kid stuff. Those items aren't easy to find in Japan.
Also I would get them trick or treat candy.

Have fun.

by Jay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What gifts can I bring for children? 2013/10/14 00:43
Thank you! Trick-o-Treat sized candy I think is a good idea too.

reply to this thread