Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

basketball courts 2013/12/10 02:45
Hi All,
has anyone seen basketball courts in Tokyo? I mean those free ones situated in a residentail recreational park, playground etc..
I don't wanna book proper court, I just wanna go to practice alone sometimes.

It doesn't matter if there are no nets etc.. in the country I came from we have those things in the skid row in between block houses. Not fancy courts, but the lines painted, fenced around, usually no net on the baskets but it's still OK to chill down and finish a tiresome day.

Do they exist in Tokyo?

Somebody posted similar question like 6 years ago (I did search the previous posts) but I thought I asked again as it was long time ago and some of you may have spotted a few of those courts.
by Greg (guest)  

Re: basketball courts 2013/12/10 09:41
more than 100 free(& no booking) basketball courts are available in Tokyo.
I'm not sure where you live in Tokyo(Tokyo is one of the largest city in the world), for example, Yoyogi koen park has two(four rings) basketball court available for 24 hours/365 days absolutely free of charge(no booking but ask to share the court if the other party is playing). You need to give & given time and space share & respect each other when you use public courts.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: basketball courts 2013/12/10 18:52
I will move near Meguro soon. Any courts around that area? Thank you!
by Greg (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: basketball courts 2013/12/19 17:55
I am from the USA but spend a lot of time in Narita, Japan. Anyone knows of a basketball court close by? Thanks
by Fernando (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: basketball courts 2014/10/10 13:56
Just found this website, maybe that helps

http://www.courtsoftheworld.com/Japan/Tokyo
by Siggi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread