Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bunraku in February 2014 2013/12/14 21:32
Hi! I'm visiting Tokyo for study in January, and I plan to visit Kyoto and Osaka from February 1 after my program is finished.

The thing is, I would like to catch a Bunraku performance. The only show that I can feasibly attend seems to be held in Tokyo from Feb. 8 to Feb. 26 -- but this would entail taking a night bus from Osaka back to Tokyo.

Would the Bunraku performance be worth the additional 5000 yen expense for the night bus? Or are there any other Bunraku performances in the Kansai region in February?

I've never watched Bunraku yet, so I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks for your time!

by yuzu5990  

Re: Bunraku in February 2014 2014/2/11 15:58
Just seeing your question. Yes, the Bunraku shows are very much worth it. There are separate morning, afternoon and evening shows lasting around 3 hours each. For first-timers, I'd recommend the morning show in particular since it includes both a dance piece and a drama, but any of the shows is worth catching. Tickets seem to be available on weekdays, but you might want to check the Website first or call just in case. Enjoy!
by bunraku (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread