Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How do I say...? 2014/2/10 17:24
Hi

I bought a humidifier yesterday (Dainichi HD500B), but when I run it there is no mist/steam coming out of it. The water level in the tank is going down, but no steam, just cold air blowing out. I ran it for about an hour.

I have a smaller version humidifier and that clearly blasts out mist in clouds, so clearly something is wrong with this one.

I want to take it back to the store, but how do I say something like: "I ran it for an hour or so, but no mist comes out of it, just cold air. I'd like to return it, please."
by Jan (guest)  

Re: How do I say...? 2014/2/10 18:39
According to Dainichi's official website, your machine is working properly.

One of their FAQ says:
Q: What is Hybrid type humidifier?
*Note: this refers to
A: "Hybrid type" means a combination of vaporization and vaporization with warm air - (1) blowing cool wind against the antibacterial wet filter to cause vaporization + (2) blowing warm wind against the filter to cause vaporazation.
Unlike steam-fan type or ultrasonic wave type, you do not see any steam or mist when you run the machine.
(This is the translation of the gist of it as their website is in Japanese.)
http://www.dainichi-net.co.jp/support/qa/hd/1.htm

Also I found an explanation about this hybrid type - when the humidity in the air is low, the machine automatically choose (2) warm wind vaporization to humidify the air quickly, and when the humidity becomes closer to the designated %, the machine switches to ordinary (1) vaporization to minimize the operation cost (electricity).
Also I found an explanation about this hybrid type - when the humidity in the air is low, the machine automatically choose (2) warm wind vaporization to humidify the air quickly, and when the humidity becomes closer to the designated %, the machine switches to ordinary (1) vaporization to minimize the operation cost (electricity).
by a cup of tea (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I say...? 2014/2/10 19:28
Or if you wanted steam-fan type.

スチーム式と間違って買ってしまったので、
I mistook this for steam-fan type,
スチーム式の商品と替えてもらえますか。
so please change this with steam-fan type.

Hybrid type help save electricity costs, I think.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: How do I say...? 2014/2/11 20:05
Thank you very much for your advice everyone!

I understand how this works now, and actually it might be better for me, since I have some guitars in my room that I want to protect. Probably the steam type would be a bit risky.

I must say, however, that it's very strange how this works. I have a stove heater at one end of the room trying to keep out the winter, and open the window to let in fresh (and cold!) air now and again, and at the other end of the room I now have a humidifier blasting out cold air. Aren't the manufacturers missing something..?
by Jan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I say...? 2014/2/12 11:51
By the way, hanging the washing towels to dry near the heater in the room makes more humid cheaply.
There are many washing detergents for indoor drying (that's called Heya-boshi or Shitsunai-boshi in Japanese) in the drug-stores.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread