Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pupuru or GlobalAdvancedComm? 2014/2/23 21:46
Hi!

What are your experiences with the 2 firms above?

We would like to rent a portal wifi device and as far as I can see both firms have the opportunity to get the device at the airport and simply sending back the device via post.

Did you ever had any problems? For example that the device didn't arrive back at them?

Were you satisfied with the service? Speed? Reliability? (I would like to take the E-Mobile-type)

Did the payment work without problems? Both charge the credit card as soon as the order has been made?

One plus for Pupuru would be the offices. For GAC I couldn't find any offices to go for customers...

Thanks for your help in advance!

Greets, Lisa
by Lisa (guest)  

Re: Pupuru or GlobalAdvancedComm? 2014/2/26 18:55
I've used Global twice (third time will be May) and I'm totally satisfied. I found the product at the post office at Narita 2 as requested. Yes, they charged me when I placed the order, which was nice (105yen+1USD). The coverage is pretty good. Except for tunnels on the Shinkansen south of Tokyo and near Fukushima, I got coverage in most places I went. I sent it back from Narita prior to boarding and they had received it by the time I landed back in Chicago. No problems with any aspect. I used the higher Mbps device.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Pupuru or GlobalAdvancedComm? 2014/2/26 19:35
I agree with John B: we have used Global Advanced twice now, excellent communication via the website; device waiting for us at the gearly collectionh counter as we arrive at 6am: excellent coverage; excellent speed: last visit the 72mbps was amazing; 5 devices able to be connected (not that we need that!): saved us heaps as the hotels we stayed at usually charged for Internet: cant recommend GAC highly enough: we will use them again in 2015.
by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: Pupuru or GlobalAdvancedComm? 2014/2/26 23:06
I recently contacted Global Advanced Communications via e-mail with an inquiry, and I was very impressed with the promptness and helpfulness of their response. I haven't actually rented from them yet, but would do so with confidence.

Nothing against Pupuru, but I don't see any reason why you would need to go to a physical location regarding a rental. It can all be handled via the Internet, or possibly by phone if you have a question or a problem.

I didn't realize there were very many hotels in Japan that charged for Internet these days. Generally speaking, the trend seems to be to offer free Internet (and to add WiFi instead of just wired Internet, although that is happening only gradually). One of my favorite hotels in Japan (a location of a U.S. chain) recently changed their policy and stopped charging for in-room Internet. Hopefully other holdouts will follow suit in the not-too-distant future.
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pupuru or GlobalAdvancedComm? 2014/2/27 08:36
Another Global Advanced Comm user here, in fact we used these guys for our holiday two weeks ago. The payment through the website looks a little 1980s compared to most modern companies but it went through cleanly with no problems.
The company also kept up good email notifications confirming what we'd ordered, when we'd paid for it, and that it had been delivered ( 1 day early as promised ) to our hotel.
The instructions were really good and easy to follow in English, and the system worked as promised. Overall couldn't be happier with these guys.
by GMatt rate this post as useful

Re: Pupuru or GlobalAdvancedComm? 2014/2/28 14:37
Another GlobalAdvanced advocate. Used them last year and will again next month. Great communication, wifi was great, awesome customer service.
by Rennzo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pupuru or GlobalAdvancedComm? 2014/3/1 02:12
Thanks for your answers!

That's a huge plus for GAC now ;-)
Happy to hear that everyone who used it was satisfied and didn't have any problems so far.

No Pupuru-users active in this thread?
by Lisa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pupuru or GlobalAdvancedComm? 2014/3/4 12:43
I am going to Japan next week and after researching the various Wifi options, I, too, went with GAC. The customer service so far has been excellent; so I'm hoping that means everything else will go smoothly!
by Tehkella rate this post as useful

Re: Pupuru or GlobalAdvancedComm? 2014/3/12 17:33
I've been using Pupuru everytime I visit Japan. The customer service was
great, Pupuru staffs remember me and their response is always reliable. Once
I had a payment problem with security issue, but they tried best to solve
the problem so that I could finish the payment on time.
In fact I will use them next month when I go sightseeing for cherry
blossoms. It seems they have a discount promotion of wifi so I believe it
worth visiting their website.

http://www.pupuru.com/en/service/emobile/
by QueB rate this post as useful

10GB Limit before throttling... 2014/12/22 14:52
Hi! I noticed that Pupuru has unlimited data while Global will slow down your speeds after you hit 10GB (which is alot, i know...). Can anyone verify that Pupuru DOESN'T slowdown your download speeds after 10GB like Global?
by Vegas (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread