Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kumano kotsu 3-day free bus pass 2014/6/18 23:24
Hi,

I am planning to buy the kumano kotsu 3 days free bus pass, but based on my understanding of this website below, it seems that I can't make reservations and I can only buy the tickets at mentioned places where I will not be going. Is there some other alternative places where I can purchase the pass from?

http://www.kumakou.co.jp/bus/free.html

My route is as followed:
1st day:
Train : Koyasan -- Kii-tanabe station

Ryujin bus: Kii-tanabe station-- Yunomine Onsen (where my accommodation is)

2nd day:
Kumano Kotsu Bus: Yunomine onsen-- Nachi no Taki-mae

I wish to buy the pass before I use it on the 2nd day.

Thanks in advance

by Lolicandy  

Re: Kumano kotsu 3-day free bus pass 2014/6/19 22:03
My best guess is that You can purchase the pass at the Tanabe City Kumano Tourism Bureau. Here is a link to the Bureau with bus route timetables in English:

http://www.tb-kumano.jp/en/transport/bus/

I was unaware that anything has surfaced to replace the Kansai Wakayama Pass. I am spending three days in the Kumano regions next month, two days in Katsuura, and a day in Shirahama. Even if this is only one bus line, I may be able to get a pass to visit Hongu Taisha from Katsuura on the 13th, and for the Nachi Fire Festival the following day. I will inquire about getting this pass myself in Katsuura.

Thank You.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Kumano kotsu 3-day free bus pass 2014/6/19 23:50
You will not be able to buy the Pass in Kii Tanabe. According to the web site of Kumano Kotsu, it is possible to buy it if you go to Shingu or Kii Katsuura. Indeed, it can be used to buy it at the travel agency of some, but in this case, you must receive a valid ticket at sales office of Kumano Kotsu at Shingu or Kii Katsuura, to exchange from exchange order.

At Yunomine Onsen, it is not possible to purchase the Pass. For your travel plans, each time you want to ride on Kumano Kotsu Bus, and even pay for, I guess so that there is no difference in the amount of money much to do with the price of the Pass.
by passby168 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread