Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buy some electric devices 2014/8/4 11:02
I want buy to some devices as belows:

1. iPhone 5S unlocked
2. A device can convert LAN, SIM 3G, LTE to Wifi signal.

Where I can buy it? Please help me. Thank you.

All devices can be used it in other countries such as Vietnam...

I'm living at Tokyo, Tsudanuma.
by Phuc Lam (guest)  

Re: Buy some electric devices 2014/8/4 11:34
1. iPhone 5S unlocked

You can buy them direct from the Apple store:

http://store.apple.com/jp/buy-iphone/iphone5s

2. A device can convert LAN, SIM 3G, LTE to Wifi signal.

You need that unlocked too then. There's tons on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_10?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%...
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Buy some electric devices 2014/8/4 11:48
This iPhone is international version (unlocked?)? I can use and warranty it in Vietnam?
Thanks in advance.
by Phuc Lam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buy some electric devices 2014/8/4 11:57
This iPhone is international version (unlocked?)?

Yes, it's known as sim free (SIMフリー) in Japanese.

I can use and warranty it in Vietnam?

Applecare is international. The default warranty is only 90 days, so you may want to purchase an extended applecare warranty. Note that the phone will only work on the slower 3g speeds when in Vietnam since they don't have a faster LTE network in place yet.

Re: Buy some electric devices 2014/8/5 08:17
I have just post a question at Apple community

https://discussions.apple.com/message/26400518

He said "don't buy the phone in Japan". Really?

Sorry for my question.

Re: Buy some electric devices 2014/8/5 11:40
The poster on that thread was not totally correct about Japanese iPhones being carrier locked. You can buy a sim free version as mentioned, but yes, you shouldn't try to set it up in Japan if you want to bring it back to use in Vietnam. If you do need to use it in Japan too, then check with one of the carriers that do unlock iPhones (e.g. docomo).

I was mistaken about the warranty though and got the details mixed up with the computer warranty, which has different terms than the iPhone warranty. Apparently, iPhone applecare is country specific and typically comes with one year free coverage. But that means a phone purchased in Japan will have no warranty in Vietnam. Whether or not this is a problem depends on your usage. Personally I don't find this to be that big a deal, as with three iphones I've only used the warranty once for something minor, but other people I know have made multiple claims with each iphone and got a good value from their applecare.

Whether or not those difficulties are worth it depends on the market for iphones in Vietnam vs Japan vs other markets (HK?) and how much money you'd save by buying in Japan.

Re: Buy some electric devices 2014/8/5 11:53
Thanks for your answer.

1. Maybe I will buy it and back to VN setup it later in the first time with any carriers.

2. I don't care about warranty so much.

3. I save not much money. But I like to buy products in Japan cause quality higher.

Anyway, I was so clearly about this problem. Thanks.

Re: Buy some electric devices 2014/8/5 12:44
3. I save not much money. But I like to buy products in Japan cause quality higher.

There will be zero difference between an iPhone bought in Japan and one bought elsewhere. They're all made in the same factories in China. You should buy on price and service as those are the only differentiators involved.

Re: Buy some electric devices 2014/8/6 08:45
You can buy factory unlocked iPhones at IOSYS shops at Akihabara. There are four shops there.

Got their website where you can find these shops:

http://iosys.co.jp/
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread