Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

The best electronics stores and more 2014/8/5 17:21
I want to know what are the best electronics stores tokyo. The prices are high or average
by WilliLorbo  

Re: The best electronics stores and more... 2014/8/5 18:10
Yodobashi Camera, Bic Camera, Softmap have some of the best selection. The Akihabara district has lots of options too.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: The best electronics stores and more 2014/8/5 18:25
Thanx so much.
by WilliLorbo rate this post as useful

Re: The best electronics stores and more 2014/8/5 23:52
Depends on what you want to buy. For cameras, both Yodobashi/Bic are more expensive than Map Camera (in Shinjuku west exit, few steps from Yodobashi).

In general, the best is to go to their online sites and compare prices although not all the prices you see are the same (at least for Bic - I had to order online once when they refused to sell it for the online price). Reference point can be amazon.co.jp - if the price in store is close enough to amazon, you're probably getting a good deal. If there are 10s of % differences, you're better off buying online (if your situation in Japan permits) or looking in Akihabara or some less renowned shops for more reasonable prices.
by just a guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The best electronics stores and more 2014/8/6 08:31
You should compare prices at the big Electronics shops with prices on kakaku.com

In some cases, including the point card (10%) or tax free (8%) Yodobashi, Bic or Sofmap can be about the same price as those on Kakaku, but mostly, it's often 15-20% cheaper on Kakaku

If you find a price, and a location in Tokyo, and a location in Akihabara, you can often find the shop there and get the price advertised on Kakaku.
(e.g. Shops like PC Bomber, Wink, Outlet Plaza, etc)

It's also worthwhile visiting Yodobashi, Bic or Sofmap before you buy at the smaller stores on Kakaku, because sometimes they have special discounts (particularly on run out models), and bonus points (I bought at Yodobashi one time, when they had 23% points on one particular camera, along with the runout discount)
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread