Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Size question on purchasing Japanese jacket 2014/8/21 12:38
I can't figure out if I'll fit this, if it helps I wear size S-M in mens US, I am about 5'4.5" or about 166 cm.

Please tell me which size I should buy if you can.

http://www.jshoppers.com/shohin.asp?shocd=CD14K0212&PageNo=1
by Shrekling (guest)  

Re: Size question on purchasing Japanese jacket. 2014/8/21 15:31
Are you trying to paste a link from "jshoppers"? It looks like those "in" Japan cannot even view that page, as it is intended for non-Japan markets :(
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Size question on purchasing Japanese jacket. 2014/8/21 20:47
AK, the sizes shown go from 120 to 170 in increments of 10 for body length, so I don't know how to read that. I'm used to Japanese sizes being at least one smaller than its counterpart in the US. A S-M would be more like a M-L. Maybe that helps, AK?
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Size question on purchasing Japanese jacket. 2014/8/23 09:21
Ummm, "from 120 to 170" sounds interesting... I can't tell what it is either. I am sorry but I am only led to the top page of that website, and there is no way to reach the individual page where that jacket is mentioned. Need to wait until someone who is outside Japan and can access & read the page comes along.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Size question on purchasing Japanese jacket. 2014/8/24 12:50
This is Japanese children and youth sizing. I doubt any of it would be big enough for an adult. My 14 yr old grandson (a westerner) takes 160cm, and he is of very slight build, 162cm tall, weighs 46kg. You do have to be careful of arm length, and body length, and if buying trousers the leg length. If you are of adult build even without height I would be wary of across the back of the shoulders. You can find conversion charts online, and Gap Japan sells their children's/youth clothes in this sizing structure, so maybe you could try something on before purchasing online.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Size question on purchasing Japanese jacket 2014/8/25 04:07
The figures are in centimeters.
They give shoulders width from 33 to 45 cm, but these clothes are for teens and teens are usually slimmer in the shoulders than adults for a given height.

I am 5' 6" and my jackets are a size 40 short (US) but I can't fit in Japanese adult clothes for my height as my chest is muscular.
I can't buy suits (in North-America) as pants in a size 40 suit are usually at least 5"too wide at the waist.

Buying clothes on the internet is not recommended..unless one had a chance to try the very same clothes in a store.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread