Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

The name Rizu 2014/9/27 17:00
I'm creating an original character for a little project I have in mind, and I was thinking of naming her Rizu (˜Ü—é). I wanted to ask for your opionion about it? Is it okay, or is it too uncommon, or what do you guys think about it?
by Paola (guest)  

Re: The name Rizu 2014/9/27 17:24
It's not common at all, and it's a bit forceful (the second kanji is read "suzu," and you are trying to just use the second syllable from that kanji). I would take it as an attempt in kanji for the shortened name for Elizabeth.

OK, but as I look for girls' name "Rizu," there are this many variety with unusual use of kanji... so I guess it is "possible" :)

http://name.m3q.jp/list?s=%E3%82%8A%E3%81%9A&g=2
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: The name Rizu 2014/9/27 22:16
Rizu sounds me a feminine name. Some parents choose as a girl's name.

—œˆÇ
—˘Ž÷
˜ÜŽě
™z—é
꣎ě
ˆ¤ăJ
—œŽő
—œŽě
—Žő
——é
—ž…
—žŽě
—ž
仌Ž
从ě
仗é
—˘Žő
—˘Žě
—éŽě
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: The name Rizu 2014/9/28 00:04
To me it looks like one of those names of girls who were born after, say, the millenium when parents started naming their kids in the weirdest ways using the weirdest kanji and its readings.

This parent, however, weren't too concerned about the difficulties her daughter might face when trying to write her name at a test. She will need to take more time writing her name than most other children. But then, I would assume she has quite a common and simple family name. Then the balance might be better.

It's hard to imagine a pop star using this name, as well as it is hard to imagine a company trying to promote some kind of a mascot of this name. The kanji ˜Ü is too uncommon for most people to remember. But maybe she is a cult anime character. Fans of the genre seem to prefer weird names in weird writings, just as bosozoku did in the 70s.

I'm sure it would be totally different for the Chinese, but this is a forum on Japan.

The following site is just for fun.
http://name.m3q.jp/list?s=%E3%82%8A%E3%81%9A
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: The name Rizu 2014/9/28 10:43
This is my personal opinion.
—é for -zu looks pretty nice but ˜Ü looks a bit heartless/cruel.
So it's OK. If your charactor is not baddie, ™z—é, ——é and —˘—é looks a bit more common, I think.

@tokyo_friend_48
I never read ˆ¤ăJ as Rizu, too kirakira!(lol
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread