Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Men use ne vs women use ne 2014/10/10 00:22
I can't remember if men use the particle ne as much as women, Do men use ne? like "そうですね". A person who was teaching me Japanese told me that men do not say またね, it's for women and men use またな. So do men use ね?
by Kisukeyo  

Re: Men use ne vs women use ne 2014/10/10 14:54
Yes, also men use ね, it sounds more softly and polite than ね.
またな or そうだな is rough and used among friends only.
Mannish women like Kusanagi Motoko use な.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Men use ne vs women use ne 2014/10/10 14:57
Sorry.(x_x;)
ね sounds more softly and polite than な.
Also men commonly use it.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Men use ne vs women use ne 2014/10/11 08:44
I live in Kansai region. In Kansai, men rarely uses "ne" because it's feminine. Maybe the person who teaches you is from Kansai. But sometimes men in Kansai also uses "ne". In politely expression like そうですね, they use "ne", I think.
by macar0n rate this post as useful

Re: Men use ne vs women use ne 2014/10/11 14:11
Fifty years ago I knew a girl (about sixteen) who used "na" where many would say "ne." Other people in town seemed to be startled by this. Perhaps it is more common and less surprising now. (I know this is the reverse of what you asked, but it was what I was put in mind of.)
by wata geiru rate this post as useful

Re: Men use ne vs women use ne 2014/10/13 01:41
mans "ne" ,,,,,i fell like kids or very friendly but not adlut

womans "ne" is useful and i hear many time
by gprochan rate this post as useful

Re: Men use ne vs women use ne 2014/10/13 02:53
We should keep in mind that the original question is asking about keigo and not "matane/na" which is totally casual.

As far as "soudesune" is concerned, no person, men or women, says "soudesuna" unless (s)he is talking in a dialect or unless he is quite an older male. I think the OP has it mixed up with casual expressions.

I can't really think of a keigo expression that can end with a -na and not sound older than 60.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread