Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

University Entrance Ceremony Dresscode 2014/11/17 12:42
So i'm going to attend a University Entrance Ceremony of my boyfriend's sister's.

I am invited to join attend the ceremony as well but I have no idea what do we visitors should be wearing. The student themselves are easier since they only need to wear their uniforms or suits.

What about us visitors?
It's early spring and it's gonna be cold and i come from a tropical country with eternal summer.

What to wear and what not to wear?
What to do and what not to do?

I am totally clueless.

Need help!
by Sobadatthisyo (guest)  

Re: University Entrance Ceremony Dresscode 2014/11/17 19:22
Since it's a formal academic occasion, you should wear something along the lines of a suit.

To keep yourself warm, you can wear a pants suit or something like tidy jeans and a smart jacket, and then wear some thin quality underwear. Brands like Uniqlo's Heattech are nice, and you can find something similar in most supermarkets in Japan that sell clothing.

Heavy coats may look out of season, but simply wearing scarves and gloves will keep you really comfy. Inside the hall, you can put them on your lap to keep you warm. There are also disposable warmers like "hokaron" that you can carry in your pockets or shoes, and they're sold at drug stores in Japan.

Hope you have a great experience!
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: University Entrance Ceremony Dresscode 2014/11/18 12:14
If you have a formal suit for female, that's enough.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread