Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Data Sim Card With Best Coverage 2014/12/3 12:30
Hi,

I have seen lots of different data sim card.

I am looking for data sim card that has the better coverage in tokyo, Minakami and Gala Yuzawa ski resort.

If the data sim has unlimited data usage will be the best.

I am interested in dataGo and econnect but I am not sure is their coverage in the Minakami area and ski resort are good, have anyone use them before?

Please give suggestion. Thanks.
by lisalimlovetotravel  

Re: Data Sim Card With Best Coverage 2014/12/3 15:58
eConnect, DataGo, bmobile, iijmio and so-net all use NTT Docomo as their service provider so there is unlikely to be any difference in service area.
by john (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Data Sim Card With Best Coverage 2014/12/3 16:03
I'm using the B-mobile x-sim. 2GB data/~1.600 JPY.

I've used it without problem everywhere in Tokyo and wherever I travelled. My best impression of the coverage was when I made a Skype video call back home to the mother country from the summit of Mount Fuji.
by JapAHV rate this post as useful

Re: Data Sim Card With Best Coverage 2014/12/3 20:39
I've used a China Unicom data card from Hong Kong last year, and it locks onto Softbank network, works well in Tokyo, Kusatsu and Enoshima. This year will use the same card in Minakami at June.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Data Sim Card With Best Coverage 2014/12/4 10:56
Btw the DataGo product is horribly overpriced at $69 fur 1GB/30days. You can get the same from product from econnect for 4100yen
by john (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Data Sim Card With Best Coverage 2014/12/4 11:21
You can also get 3GB of data for 60 days with so-net for 5000yen.

Or:
1GB, 30 days for 3000yen
2.2GB, 30 days for 4000yen

This is high speed LTE (4G), but can be used in a 3G phone with lower sppeds.
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread