Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

High season of Tsumago 2014/12/10 19:20
Hi,I visited the Kiso valley,Tsumago and Magome in early of December and slept at the hotel near Tsumago. However, I wonder the town has very low visitors and the hotel did not has any guest except us.
I want to know why.And Which months are the high season of Kiso valley?

Thank you
by Save (guest)  

Re: High season of Tsumago 2014/12/11 11:47
I went to the Kiso-ji in October and it was quite vibrant with activity. With tours consisting of elderly Japanese and/or families, December doesn't seem like a very attractive month to visit.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: High season of Tsumago 2015/3/19 12:23
I went there in summer (in the time of festival) and nobody there. I got the whole town to myself. I thought I was in a dream.
by jaeng (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: High season of Tsumago 2015/3/19 12:28
It seemed to me to be busy on the Sunday we were there, but dead as a doornail on Monday. Hotel Kisoji was busy enough on the 3 days we were there.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: High season of Tsumago 2015/3/19 15:40
Summer is normally the busy time in Tsumago and Magome.

A few years ago, I took some family up to Tsumago and we were the last people staying in the hotel in mid December until they re-opened in March. This is basically because of the intermittent snow which puts off many tourists...
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread