Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sushi Resturant in tsukiji fish market 2014/12/19 01:14

I wished to go to tsukiji market on 24 Dec 2014 morning but I am not sure are they open on that day. If the market is closed on that day will the restaurant in tsukiji market area also closed? I need some recommendation on the restaurant there where there is no long queue and serve nice and fresh tuna sushi. I have researched and sort out according to ranking
1) Yamazaki
2) Sushi daiwa
3) Sushizanmai Tsukijiekimae

If you still have more places to suggest. Please reply. Thanks.

by lisalimlovetotravel  

Re: Sushi Resturant in tsukiji fish market 2014/12/19 13:07
24 Dec is regular weekday market still open no problem.

Recommendation is just asking local
marcket staff/worker/dealer or visitors(except 1st timer/younger).

Say "Sumimasen, oishii osushiya-san wo oshiete-itadake-masenka? Ichiban oishii maguro[tuna] wo tabetaino-desu. Zehi- Onegaishimasu.

Maybe u can "thanks" by saying Japanese.
by ND (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sushi Resturant in tsukiji fish market 2014/12/19 14:12
"Sushi Dai" and "Sushi DAIWA" are the top two popular Sushi restaurants. You would probably need to wait for 30-120 mins to eat. But you can easily sit in a min if it's winter(depending on the day).
But I don't think there are so much difference between those top two sushi restaurants and the others. Decide which sushi restaurant to go on your budget and crowdedness on the day.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Sushi Resturant in tsukiji fish market 2014/12/20 01:06
in terms of line up, what time of day should be the least amount of people? also I would think that weekdays would be less crowded too?
by d0n rate this post as useful

Re: Sushi Resturant in tsukiji fish market 2014/12/20 13:09
As someone that was in line for about 3 1/2 hrs...the best time to go if you are going to sushiDai is at 1:30pm. they close the line at 2pm but will keep serving whoever is in line.

We were there at 10:30 and the line was quite long. Becareful of the people on the trucks they move quickly.
by flonie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sushi Resturant in tsukiji fish market 2014/12/20 13:23
Weekdays are just as busy as weekends because customers at Sushidai/Daiwa sushi are not local, mostly tourists from China and SE Asia.

If you're only going to Tsukiji to eat sushi, might as well go to one of the many Sushizanmai shops away from Tsukiji, fish is just as fresh and you don't have to stand on line.
by john (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread