Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tavel in and between Tokyo and Hokkaido 2015/1/28 22:41
What pass to buy if travel Hokkaido (6 days) and Toyko (3 days) in the cheapest way?
by Kathy (guest)  

Re: Tavel in and between Tokyo and Hokkaido 2015/1/28 23:33
Flying between Tokyo and Hokkaido is cheapest. For urban transportation in Tokyo an IC card such as Suica in combination with good planning usually comes cheapest. As for Hokkaido, it depends on your itinerary. It is a large island.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tavel in and between Tokyo and Hokkaido 2015/1/29 01:27
It really depends on your plans. Do you intend to travel Tokyo - Hokkaido - Tokyo??

Because if you are - you will lose 2 days on a train going to Hokkaido.

Also note that most cheap flights go through Narita (I think) which can also eat into your time.

Possible 3 day passes for Tokyo include a Kanto Pass (~8300 yen for 3 days) if you are travelling quite a bit in the Tokyo region - more than the city.

From memory - there is also a 5 day Hokkaido Pass which I'd look on this website about.

Hint - add up the cost of where you want to travel to as unless your travelling extensively in Hokkaido it's better to buy individual tickets. Local fast trains (such as Hokkaido) tend to be quite a bit cheaper than Shinkansen tickets...
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Tavel in and between Tokyo and Hokkaido 2015/1/29 10:29
You can take flights from Haneda to Shin Chitose. There are flights inbound to Asahikawa and Hakodate too.

Train travel would not take 2 days. I have a friend who from Hakodate went to Fuji 5lakes in the same day. It took 11 hours though.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tavel in and between Tokyo and Hokkaido 2015/1/29 11:02
I was referring to one day to Hokkaido and one day back. Sorry for not being more specific....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread