Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Planning My Trip To Japan 2015/2/1 10:51
Hey everyone i'm planning a trip to Japan for the future since i lack the funds for it atm however i have a list of everything i plan to do when i do have the money. However due to my job i will only be able to come for a week. I'm thinking it would be best to do the things that are closest to each other first. Here is everything i would like to do. You'll notice for Okinawa i just listed beaches because i havent decided which island im gonna do any recommendations and here's the list:

Tokyo(Akihabara, Ghibli Museum, Nakano Broadway Ikebukuro (Pokemon Center) Gundam Statue)
Kyoto (Manga Museum)
Lake Kawaguchiko (Mount Fuji)
Yokohama(Kirin Beer Village)
Nagano(Cherry Blossoms, Matsumoto Castle)
Nagoya(Toyota Factory Tour)
Osaka(Shitennoji Temple)
Himeji (Himeji Castle)
Okinawa(Beaches)

Thanks for any help everyone.
by Chris (guest)  

Re: Planning My Trip To Japan 2015/2/1 12:59
I would skip Okinawa as it's far from Kanto region and if you only have a week, it's not worth the trip.

by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Planning My Trip To Japan 2015/2/1 13:50
thanks for tip you bring up a good point i think ill take your advice.
by Chris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Planning My Trip To Japan 2015/2/1 14:12
Even without Okinawa, you have at least two weeks of things to see.
I suggest:
Tokyo - 3 or 4 days
Nagano/Matsumoto - 2 days
Hakone - 1 day.
To save time, there is a castle in Odawara where you can start the Hakone Free Pass (look it up, but it's not actually free, only free to get on and off at will).
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Planning My Trip To Japan 2015/2/1 18:44
Dont forget to allow for jet lag if your flight is a long one. This always makes me groggy for a day. As others have said I would stay in Tokyo. You can do Yokohama & Hakone as day trips & also reschedule any activity if you have a days bad weather.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Planning My Trip To Japan 2015/2/6 06:41
A few tips to help make the most of the trip (crushing a lot into seven days :) )

- For the Kyoto manga museum, arrange a visit to catch a cosplay event. Kyoto would also be a good location for cherry blossom.
- If you are going to Matsumoto castle and are pushed for time, you could skip Himeji (and there is also Nagoya castle as that is on your list).
- Toyota keikan is a good tour from Nagoya, but allow several hours as the local trains to/from add a bit to the trip. Worth doing (we have taken tours there a couple of times)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread