Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1/2 my Japan trip planned. What do you think? 2015/2/2 14:53
Travelling alone to Japan from Canada for 14 days. My hotels will be near the stations for convenience. When I arrive I will already have a JR Pass purchased.

I plan on staying in Shinjuku for 2 nights. I will enjoy Tokyo at my leisure and plan to attend places such as Rikugien, SkyTree, EdoTokyo Museum, Studio Ghibli Museum, and explore Ginza, etc. I plan on coming back to Tokyo for the last 3 days, so I should have time to do lots.

For days 3, 4, 5, I will travel to Hakone-Yumoto early and purchase a 2-day Hakone Freepass upon my arrival. Will enjoy Hakone for the day and the next before travelling to Kyoto. I've done some research on how to enjoy Hakone, but if you feel the need to suggest more, please do. Question: When I check out of my hotel and wish to enjoy more of Hakone, should I have my luggage sent to Kyoto or should I store it in a coin-locker at the station before travelling to Kyoto?

I very much look forward to enjoying days 6, 7 in Kyoto but I'm still unsure of what I want to do here. Relax, visit beautiful temples, gardens, onsen, enjoy great food and company, etc.

On day 8 and 9 I will travel to Hiroshima and Osaka. Peace park is surely the primary reason for my visit. When I check out and travel to Osaka, where are some great places to visit there?

For days 10-13 I will return to Tokyo, probably again another hotel near Shinjuku station. One of my last sidetrips I hope to do is a trip to Motegi, I know it's far (based on Google Directions) but I want to visit the Honda Collection Hall there as I am a salesperson for Honda in my country and would love to experience it.

As for my remaining days, I want to accomplish additionally to my first 3 days in Tokyo as well as more. I love video games, and hope to visit places and/or stores that contain such. Also, I love DDR, if there's a place I can play DDR, that would be great. I hope to do some partying as well, I understand Shinjuku and Roppongi is excellent for nightlife, if I don't have to travel far to do so, that would be great! I plan on meeting friends before and while I'm in Japan to hopefully hangout with. I am travelling alone.

I've prioritized as much as I could at this point, this includes times to check out of my hotel, times to arrive at my destinations, as well as most expenses (JR pass, Hakone freeway pass, meals, hotels, shopping, admissions, etc)

I will be travelling between May 17th to May 31st (after Golden Week)

Thank you for reading this, I appreciate any suggestions and advice! I know for sure this needs some fine-tuning from experienced travelers!

Ryan
by Ryan1337  

Re: 1/2 my Japan trip planned. What do you think? 2015/2/2 20:21
My personal view on your visit, as I've only been to japan twice, June will be my third. So my information is only a brief suggestion. Hakone only require a over nightstay, 2 days max, you can spend more days at Kyoto and Osaka, and especially spend more time in onsen areas, as Japan has the best, I will suggest Kusatsu, but will require longer travel distance.

If you are interested in toys, games, Akihabara is the place to go, you will probably know that, you can also consider Nakano Broadway.

http://nbw.jp/index_e.html
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: 1/2 my Japan trip planned. What do you think? 2015/2/3 22:02
Check your private messages. Top of this page, right side, click "Member Area".
by Dick H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread