Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Late cherry blossom spot? 2015/2/4 12:30
Does anybody know where is the best place to view cherry blossom around mid april this year?
by arlia  

Re: Late cherry blossom spot? 2015/2/4 13:02
It is too early for accurate forecasts. Your best bet is to orient yourself after the average dates:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2011_when.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Late cherry blossom spot? 2015/2/4 14:07
Tohoku and Hokkaido tends to have later seasons for Koyo and Hanami....

As Uji said - it's still too early to give specific locations and dates...
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Late cherry blossom spot? 2015/2/4 14:43
Sorry to hijack, but we will be over from the 17th April, going the Nagano region first then Kansai. We've been before during hanami, but at the beginning and never later. Even though the peak viewing will be finished by mid April, is there still a bit on the trees afterward?
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late cherry blossom spot? 2015/2/4 16:53
If in doubt - go to the mountains....

Elevation makes a huge difference in hanami and koyo in Japan. Last year - I was in Nagano around the 15th of April (I think) and there were some trees in bloom. However - on my way up to the shrines near there were in full bloom. The trees closer to the shrines needed a little more time though to start flowering....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Late cherry blossom spot? 2015/2/4 18:57
Sweet, we will be in Bessho Onsen on the 18th and 19th and Karuizawa after that, so chances are we will get something.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late cherry blossom spot? 2015/2/4 20:35
I'm Japanese I live in Yamagata prefecture.
I think you should go Yamagata or Iwate or Akita or Aomori.
Cherry blossom bloom at Fukushima, Niigata and Miyagi is from beginning of april to middle of april. And Hokkaido is beginning of may.

This is Cherry blossom's bloomed date at last year. But, Sorry it's writing Japanese.
http://www.weathermap.co.jp/kishojin/topics/201501sakura.php
by yuu 324 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread