Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kumamoto to Kagoshima Port 2015/2/4 13:49
Hi,

I'm travelling from Kumamoto Station to Kagoshima Port.

Which is the best station to get off and get to Kagoshima Port?

Should I get off at Kagoshima Chuo station then catch the taxi/ tram or get off at Kagoshima station then catch the taxi?

Which is a better option?

Thanks.
by winterlily  

Re: Kumamoto to Kagoshima Port 2015/2/4 16:01
You can take the shinkansen from Hakata station to Kagoshima Chuo Station.

Which port are you going to?

If it is the jetfoil port, take the bus from Kagoshima Chuo Station. It is the second stop. There are a few buses per hour. As for where to take a taxi... no idea.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kumamoto to Kagoshima Port 2015/2/4 23:50
There is a direct bus from Kagoshima-Chou to the port. I seem to remember that it was 150-250 yen. I rode the bus from Kagashima-Chou to the port when I went to Yakushima Island on a jetfoil. The bus pulled directly into the port's loading and unloading zone.

The ferry to Sakurajima is located further north, and I believe that the bus also stops threre, after going by the Aquarium. The aquarium stop may be the best stop for both, but I am not sure of this.

When I returned from Yakushima Island, I took the first bus back to Kagoshima station to catch a Limited Express train to Miyazaki. The port area looked interesting, but I didn't have time to explore.

I hope this helps.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread