Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reserve seat before activate JR Pass? 2015/2/8 11:19
Can I reserve seat on shinkansen before activateJR Pass? Because I plan to take the fastest type (Hakutaka or Kagayaki, not sure) of new Hokuriku shinkansen. It is mandatory to book seat. But I will use it on my 1st day of pass after I arrive Tokyo few days.
by gdibd  

Re: Reserve seat before activate JR Pass? 2015/2/8 11:57
Can I reserve seat on shinkansen before activateJR Pass?

Only on the shinkansen lines run by JR East:
http://www.eki-net.com/pc/jreast-shinkansen-reservation/English/wb/com...

I am not sure whether the site will be updated in time to allow for reservations of the extended Hokuriku Shinkansen, but I would expect so.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Reserve seat before activate JR Pass? 2015/2/8 14:03
Or if by "before activate" you mean "after exchange but before the beginning of the validity period", then yes.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Reserve seat before activate JR Pass? 2015/2/8 16:45
Thank you very much.
I just be aware that it can be exchange before the first day validity. Let say exhange Friday to validate on Monday. So I do it once I arrive.
by gdibd rate this post as useful

Re: Reserve seat before activate JR Pass? 2015/2/8 16:54
Thank you Uji. I try again when the line open in mid March. Hope the site will extend the route.

Re: Reserve seat before activate JR Pass? 2015/2/9 08:08
After you have exchanged your pass you can make reservations normally at ticket offices even before the validity period of your pass begins, as long as the trip falls within the validity periond.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Reserve seat before activate JR Pass? 2015/2/21 23:34
Thank you for your reply. It confirms my planning.

reply to this thread