Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What area do you suggest to stay? 2015/2/10 20:39
Hi my partner and I are going to Japan for 5 weeks from mid April to end of May. Week 1 we will be staying in Toyohashi, we are keen to chase the cherry blossoms and would like to spend the second week seeing Aomori and Akita. We will have a JR pass for the full 5 weeks. We would like your suggestions on where to stay as it seems the Aomori and Akita region doesn't provide a lot of options. Is it better to take a long train ride and stay close to the Tohoku/Kanto prefecture or stay somewhere closer?

Your help is appreciated
by Kd (guest)  

Re: What area do you suggest to stay? 2015/2/10 22:00
I'm not certain what you mean by "it seems the Aomori and Akita region doesn't provide a lot of options." There are plenty of hotels in Akita and Aomori. Are you looking for something specific?

If you are looking for something fairly cheap but with full amenities (free breakfast, internet in your room, etc.) may I suggest Toyoko Inn? http://www.toyoko-inn.com

If you are looking for something else, you will have to tell us specifically what you want so people here can make suggestions. But again, there are plenty of hotels in both Aomori and Akita and the surrounding areas.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What area do you suggest to stay? 2015/2/10 22:52
Is it better to take a long train ride and stay close to the Tohoku/Kanto prefecture or stay somewhere closer?

Aomori and Akita are prefectures in the Tohoku region. Kanto is Tokyo and surrounds. It would be a huge waste of time, money, and effort (even with a JR Pass) to take a train out there every day. As Kd said, there are plenty of options, and if you detail what you're looking for (i.e. ryokan, business hotel, etc.) and your budget, we can give suggestions.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: What area do you suggest to stay? 2015/2/10 23:20
If you're happy to follow the blossom, just watch the weather forecast when you arrive.

Every bulletin seems to have a map of the blossom front progressing.

It's pictoral, so you don't really need to understand Japanese.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What area do you suggest to stay? 2015/2/11 09:58
Thank you for your suggestions. What I mean by 'it seems the Aomori and Akita region doesn't provide a lot of options' - when I have checked online they are either 2 star or booked out given the season. We prefer 4-3 star hotels with amenities such as internet, gym near transport and near restaurants. We are also open to a nice ryokan with modern facilities. Our budget is approx $150 per nigtht for the hotel and ryokan if possible.

I will check outthe Toyoko Inn in the meantime and see if they are avaiable and watch the weather forecast also.
by kd (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What area do you suggest to stay? 2015/2/11 17:52
You're going to be on holiday in Japan-are you really planning on spending some of your holiday time in a hotel gym?

There are plenty of good, clean Japanese hotels with 2-3 star ratings, with free WiFi as standard & en-suite bathrooms, and everywhere in Japan has innumerable places to eat. Go for the location, check the reviews-if they are positive, go for it.

There are clusters of hotels around all stations in Japan-check the map search options on the hotel sites.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What area do you suggest to stay? 2015/2/11 20:08
It is my partner that wants the gym not me. I am looking at a hotel - Daiwa Roynet Hotel Morioka and another Richmond Hotel Akita Ekimae. Do you recommend them?
by Kd (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread