Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita airport baggage storage 2015/2/11 07:57
Hi

I will be visiting Japan and I need to store some my luggage somewhere for around 2 weeks. I found this link when browsing through Narita airport website and it seems to be what I'm after. Looks like they can keep your luggage for a flat daily rate depending on the size, and this seems to be different from coin lockers? Was wondering if anyone has ever used this service before?

http://www.gpa-net.co.jp/07_baggage/index.html
by kur0kaze  

Re: Narita airport baggage storage 2015/2/11 11:49
If you read their english language website
www.narita-airport.jp/en/bf/service/info08.html
you will see the maximum number of days they will store baggage, is 8 days. This also applies to Yamato (Black cat.)
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita airport baggage storage 2015/2/11 11:51
Sorry didn't intend to post twice... was going to say that I don't know how long you can use
storage lockers, but would think it is only a week at the most.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita airport baggage storage 2015/2/11 11:58
The eight-day limit is only for coin lockers. Manned storage services have no limit.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Narita airport baggage storage 2015/2/11 12:31
Thanks Guys

I think the japanese website has more details, but wasn't quite sure when reading the google translated page. I think it mentioned that the maximum number of days in 30 (for ichiji azukari?).

<一時預かり>
預かり日を含めて最大30日まで

Was thinking about coin lockers before but I'm aware that 2 weeks is too long for this.
by kur0kaze rate this post as useful

Re: Narita airport baggage storage 2015/2/11 17:20
I stored a large bike box with GPA for a week and it was easy and not terribly expensive. They were a little surprised by how big the box was & how long I needed to leave it with them :)
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Narita airport baggage storage 2015/2/11 17:36
You are right that it is up to 8 days for coin lockers, and up to 30 days for the manned storage. There is some size restriction - max. 1 cubic meter in size, and max. 30kg in weight (per piece).

For large luggage (probably suitcase size), it is 820 yen per calendar day.

The rate of 1,130 yen up to 5 days applies to coats and shoes - I've used it a few times to store a heavy winter coat, for example, when I was flying out to Australia from Japan in the middle of the winter.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Narita airport baggage storage 2015/2/12 08:40
Awesome, thanks! I won't have issue with the size :)
by kur0kaze rate this post as useful

reply to this thread