Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Miyajima to Tokyo? Baseball or Himeji Castle? 2015/2/15 21:49
Hi Guys,

I have a problem planning my iternary. I'm following almost the suggested iternary from this site.

We are leaving Japan on March 28 from Tokyo.

On March 27 we arrive in Tokyo, coming all the way from Miyajima. Now i have 2 options for that day:

1) I'm a huge baseball fan. Our iternary doesn't include any sport games thus far. I'm looking into the season opener from the Tokyo Giants in Tokyo Dome. That would be great. But:

- The game starts at 18:00. This is the first day of the season on EXACTLY the 27th of March. What are the odds? Can I make that on time, coming from Miyajima? I also want some time to see Miyajima, because we arrive there the day before (26th), coming from Osaka, with a stop in Hiroshima. So I except it to be a little late when we arrive in Miyajima.

2) The second option for that day would be Miyajima to Tokyo with a stop at Himeji Castle. This is opening on EXACTLY the 27th of March, according to this website. What are the odds? Can I count on that, or would it find any delays?

So in general, my question is: What would you do if you were me? And what is realistic? I'm not even posting my 3rd option.... (going form Miyajim to Himeji to Tokyo Giants ;-) )

Much appreciated feedback!

Regards,

Sander
by Mosselmaniac (guest)  

Re: Miyajima to Tokyo? Baseball or Himeji Castle? 2015/2/16 16:10
Help me out please, thanks!
by Sander (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Miyajima to Tokyo? Baseball or Himeji Castle? 2015/2/16 16:37
JR Miyajimaguchi 11:12 - Hiroshima 11:39 by JR Local line
and transfer to go to Himeji
JR Hiroshima 11:53 - Himeji 12:54 by Shinkansen Sakura 546 sightseeing in Himeji 50 minutes
and then transfer to go to Tokyo
JR Himeji 14:01 - Tokyo 17:40 by Shinkansen Hikari # 472

About Himeji Castle, You might be can not enter the Himeji castle as opening day. So just take the picture and come back to train station.

Have a nice trip.
by Travel Arrange Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Miyajima to Tokyo? Baseball or Himeji Castle? 2015/2/16 17:53
I am trying.....

On 26 Mar, when you reach Hiroshima, immediately go to Miyajima. The latest ferry from Hiroshima to Miyajima is 22:00, and the latest ferry from Miyahima is at 22:14.
Time table:
http://www.jr-miyajimaferry.co.jp/time/

I think it is doable for Miyajima. Afterwards, go back to Hiroshima for a night. It could reduce the time in the morning on 27 Mar.

On 27 Mar, from Hiroshima, take SHINKANSEN HIKARI RailStar 442 to Himeji Castle at 7:46, so you will reach the Himeji station around 9:13. It is very good because the castle opens at 9:00. According to the website, Himeji Castle will reopen fully on 27 Mar, so very lucky for you.!!
You should have lunch there also.

Afterwards, take SHINKANSEN HIKARI 470 at 13:01 at Himeji station, so that you will reach Tokyo station at 16:40. It is perfect for you. :).
by lnkhang rate this post as useful

Re: Miyajima to Tokyo? Baseball or Himeji Castle? 2015/2/16 18:47
Well regardless of whether you stay the night in Hiroshima or Miyajima, you can reach Tokyo before 6 pm.

Tokyo to Hiroshima takes about 6 hours. This depends on which shinkansen you take.

Regardless, if you leave before noon and have lunch on board there isn't much on an issue.

For Miyajima, seeing the after sunset view and the hightide/lowtide view is the most important. Going to the top of Mt is up to you. It is pretty in autumn but for your season, i would list it as an optional detour.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Miyajima to Tokyo? Baseball or Himeji Castle? 2015/2/16 21:11
You can count on Himeji Castle to open as scheduled, but as mentioned above, you may also count on HUGE crowds of people wanting to be the first to enter the castle after the rennovations, especially since there may also be cherry blossoms. It would not be suprising if the wait to enter was very long...
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Miyajima to Tokyo? Baseball or Himeji Castle? 2015/2/16 21:41
Also, the tickets for opening day at Tokyo Dome have likely been sold out for a long time.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Miyajima to Tokyo? Baseball or Himeji Castle? 2015/2/17 18:12
I don't think so, the tickets aren't even for sale. In 4 days they are for sale, at 11:00 am JST.

Thanks guys for the answers. This is just a harsh decision.

We are going to sleep on Mijajima, that's for sure (we booked that already). Probably half of Japan will be at Himeji when it opens, so that's going to be tough (also for our luggage etcetera). Maybe we should skip it, or try to see it on the way from Osaka to Hiroshima to Miyajima (and stop for 30 minutes at Himeji, lol).

If i'm able to get tickets, I think we will leave Mijajima in the early morning (around 10:00) and be on time (around 16:40 in Tokyo) if all goes well...

Re: Miyajima to Tokyo? Baseball or Himeji Castle? 2015/2/26 05:53
Yes, I got 2 tickets for the opening of the season in Tokyo Dome!

So, we will skip Himeji Castle (as it will probably be way to busy anyway, being the first day open in years) and will try to be at 18:00 at the Tokyo Dome (after dropping our luggage at our hotel in Tokyo), coming all the way from Mijayima but I think that's doable.

Right?

reply to this thread