Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tokyo-hakone-kyoto-osaka-tokyo 2015/2/16 12:33
Hello, I am finding figuring out travel within Japan rather confusing, and don't know whether I should purchase a 7 day pass to use from March 14th - 20th (covering from Hakone - Kyoto - Osaka - Tokyo) or a 14 day pass (to also cover Airport - Tokyo (and travel around Tokyo for 6 days) - Hakone - from March 7th to 20th). Some help would be greatly appreciated! (As I also dont even know if JR lines travel to Hakone?)

I arrive on the 7th March in Tokyo then this is my itinerary:

March 7th - 12th: travel within Tokyo (around Ueno, Shinjuku, Harajuku etc)

March 13th: travel from Tokyo to Hakone

March 14th: Hakone - Kyoto

March 14th - 17th: (visit Tofuku-ji Temple, Arashiyama bamboo forest, Tenryu-ji Temple, Inara Shrine), day trip to Nara

March 17th: Kyoto - Osaka

March 17th - 19th: travel around Osaka and day trip to Hiroshima

March 19th: overnight train to Tokyo

March 23rd: leave back to New Zealand.

Thank you :)
by Jasmin (guest)  

Re: tokyo-hakone-kyoto-osaka-tokyo 2015/2/16 13:36

March 7th - 12th: travel within Tokyo (around Ueno, Shinjuku, Harajuku etc)
1) March 7 - Pls buy the N'ex Tijti Direct Ticket at Narita Airport (one way 1,500 yen) http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_oneway.html

March 13th: travel from Tokyo to Hakone
--- Please buy Hakone Free Pass from Shinjuku to Hakone http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_008.html

March 14th: Hakone - Kyoto
---- From March 14 to March 20, Pls use JR rail pass 7 days

March 14th - 17th: (visit Tofuku-ji Temple, Arashiyama bamboo forest, Tenryu-ji Temple, Inara Shrine), day trip to Nara

March 17th: Kyoto - Osaka

March 17th - 19th: travel around Osaka and day trip to Hiroshima

March 19th: overnight train to Tokyo

March 23rd: leave back to New Zealand.
--- Please buy JR Ticket or Airport Limousine bus ticket.
by Travel Arrange Japan rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo-hakone-kyoto-osaka-tokyo 2015/2/16 14:27
Thank you!! Is there a JR train straight from Hakone to Kyoto? Or do I have to catch the train back to shinjuku on the Hakone pass first?
by Jasmin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo-hakone-kyoto-osaka-tokyo 2015/2/16 15:39
You can take the train from JR Odawara station. In Hakone, You can use Hakone Free Pass to Odawara Station from Hakone area. Have a nice trip.
by Travel Arrange Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread