Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko or Kamakura 2015/2/16 14:43
I want to have a daytrip from Tokyo for my last day in japan, my flight is at midnight.

I will visit Kyoto, Uji, Nara, Shirakawa-go, Alpine Route, Hakone, and Fuji Lake.

So for the last day, which one is better?
As I know Kamakura and Nikko is a lot of temple and shrine just like the destination I visited (Kyoto, Uji, Nara)Afraid if I get boring because I visited so many temple. Thx
by sun (guest)  

Re: Nikko or Kamakura 2015/2/16 15:55
Nikko is the most different of the two as Kamakura feels a little like a smaller Kyoto.

Nikko is known for it's shrines and not specifically it's temples. There is also some quite nice walks as well, but it is a fair distance from Tokyo though....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko or Kamakura 2015/2/16 19:05
i will go to there at mid spring, is the season is good to visit Nikko,which is the best for it's autumn.

And can I visit the shrine and around lake chuzenji area if only a day trip?
Is Nikko edomura worthed to visit?
by sun (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko or Kamakura 2015/2/16 19:20
You can visit the World Heritage Sites and Lake Chuzenji in a day. Just be aware of the bus schedule to Lake Chuzenji.
by Answer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko or Kamakura 2015/2/17 12:21
with all the renovations , so it still worthed to visit nikko right?Can i include senjogahara marsh?is there interesting also at spring?

I heard there is festival also on 18 may, is it true?

Re: Nikko or Kamakura 2015/2/22 12:07
is the lake chuzenji good in spring, because i will see lake ashi and kawaguchi also. if it's just the same maybe i will skip the lake and do the temple only.

reply to this thread