Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Flight arrives 9am, hotel check in 3pm 2015/2/17 10:17
Hi all

My flight arrives in Haneda at 9am however check in to the hotel in ikebukuro is only at 3pm....what should I do in those few hours? Can I bring the luggage to the hotel and store it there until check in? Possibly would need a shower or something too.
by asian23  

Re: Flight arrives 9am, hotel check in 3pm 2015/2/17 11:06
I would email your hotel to make sure, but I've never stayed a hotel in Japan that didn't let me keep my luggage until check-in. Most hotels in fact took my luggage to my room once it was ready.
by Goober (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Flight arrives 9am, hotel check in 3pm 2015/2/17 13:11
You can still go to the hotel and do the necessary check in procedures. Leave the luggage at the hotel and return when you are ready to check In.
by Happy Travel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Flight arrives 9am, hotel check in 3pm 2015/2/17 13:22
I had a fantastic hotel once surprise me and have my room ready for an 8am arrival. It was a Doubletree, though not in Japan, so if you aren't arriving during a busy time and they have a room available, they might let you check in early in some circumstance.

I would email the hotel, and at least get a confirmation about the luggage, then ask if earlier check in is possible. They will of course say no problem about the luggage, and may help with the room. If not however, bring some wet wipes and just towel off in the hotel bathroom before going out. You'll feel a little refreshed at least!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Flight arrives 9am, hotel check in 3pm 2015/2/18 17:15
I agree with the other comments, leave the luggage at the hotel, or if it's hard to get to, use a coin locker Y500 for a reasonable sided one) and do something with the day.

Sometimes you can check-in early if the room is ready (we checked in one of our rooms at 12 yesterday - the other one later in the day), but as you are in Japan to see stuff, it shouldn't be a problem unless you're badly jetlagged.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Flight arrives 9am, hotel check in 3pm 2015/2/18 19:00
As with the other replies, I've been to Tokyo twice and both times the hotel (one in Shinjuku, one in Odaiba) let me store my suitcases until check in time.

It's actually a good chance to check out the area around your hotel and get some snacks etc.
by April May (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Flight arrives 9am, hotel check in 3pm 2015/2/18 20:42
The chances are big that a hotel will keep your luggage before check in, there is no reason not to, since you will be staying with them and they want your business, also Japan is know for good hospitality.

I'm in a similar situation, I arrive in Haneda at 0505 in the morning, and should arrive in the city at around 0600-0630 and check into a hotel in Ueno.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Flight arrives 9am, hotel check in 3pm 2015/2/19 01:28
Regarding the shower, you could use a nearby sento or even a capsule hotel, which often allow access to sauna and shower for around 1000yen.

Here are a couple that are close to Ikebukuro station, open 24/7.
http://www.asia-hd.co.jp/i_sauna_spa.html
http://www.sauna-capsule-oasis.jp/
by pk (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread