Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Skymark airlines: presenting credit card 2015/2/18 22:20
i just booked a flight using my fathers credit card and just realized i have to present it on the day which is not possible at all. Is there another way to authenticate without the credit card?

i wanted to call them but im not sure if they have english speakers.
by LamHowWei  

Re: Skymark airlines: presenting credit card 2015/2/19 10:46
Only used Skymark once, but I was not asked for the credit card I used for payment. The QR code on the confirmation e-mail was enough to obtain my boarding pass.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Skymark airlines: presenting credit card 2015/2/19 17:40
All the airline websites say this, but I've never been asked to present the card I paid for the ticket with. You could make sure your father knows when you are going to be checking in and make sure he will be near a phone, but I doubt they will ask, especially if the surname and address match. Or just phone the airline and ask.

They are, however, sticklers for the name on the ticket being an absolute match to the passport.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Skymark airlines: presenting credit card 2015/2/19 19:47
I have the same problem, it's with HK express, they are a pain in the A**, I made my reservation in October, and payment has already gone through, I don't see why it's needed.

Anyway, they have the right to reject boarding, and you can't do anything about it.

On the other hand, they say they will random check, but in most cases they won't bother, if something is wrong with the payment, they will already have gotten the notice, and your transaction will have be cancelled before hand.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Skymark airlines: presenting credit card 2015/2/20 04:57
there is no qr code in my email
by LamHowWei rate this post as useful

Re: Skymark airlines: presenting credit card 2015/2/20 08:51
The QR code on the confirmation e-mail was enough to obtain my boarding pass.

I don't think Skymark issue QR codes in the confirmation mail. Maybe at least not in case of payment by credit card.

All the airline websites say this, but I've never been asked to present the card I paid for the ticket with.

Skymark may be different. I am under the impression that you need the credit card to pick up your Skymark ticket either at the check-in machines or the check-in counter. This is also what is clearly stated in the terms of use.

You could make sure your father knows when you are going to be checking in and make sure he will be near a phone, but I doubt they will ask, especially if the surname and address match.

This is how I solved a similar problem with a friend for whom I purchased a flight ticket before. But I don't think that was Skymark.

Or just phone the airline and ask.

That is my recommendation, too.

They are, however, sticklers for the name on the ticket being an absolute match to the passport.

Not in case of domestic flights in Japan. You do not even need a passport to fly domestically.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Skymark airlines: presenting credit card 2015/2/20 08:55
Not sure whether this can be of any help:
http://www.skymark.jp/en/res_boarding/3d_auth.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread