Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Online Booking of Shinkansen 2015/2/19 14:13
Hi all,

I have two questions regarding shinkansen booking.

1) What are the sites from where I can book shinkansen tickets for the following sectors.
*Tokyo == Kyoto
*Osaka ==Hiroshima

2) Are the online discount shops to buy shinkansen tickets?

PS: Since I can read and speak Japanese to some extent Japanese sites are okay!

TIA
by sakurako90  

Re: Online Booking of Shinkansen 2015/2/19 22:17
Please use this website to its fullest
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2018.html

To answer your question, you cannot make reservations for shinkansen outside of Japan. Only by visiting a train company's office can you do so.

The only exception is JR East. This is covering eastern japan which you are not heading to.

If you purchase a JR Pass (7, 14, 21 days) through a JR affiliated travel agent, you can give them the details and they would be able to do the bookings for you. Except for this, I do not know any other way to make reservations for Shinkansen or any other trains for that matter.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Online Booking of Shinkansen 2015/2/20 02:39
No you can not order online for both single tickets and JR Passes seat reservations.

You can however go to a JR Station like Tokyo Station or even at Narita Airport on the day you arrive and order the tickets either on the Fare purchase screens or you can talk with train staff.

For the Japan Rail Pass you would need to buy the voucher and back it with you to Japan and exchange the pass at office before you can make seat reservations however if you are only doing Tokyo-Osaka-Tokyo, JR Pass is not worth it.

Hope this helps!!!

Have Fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread