Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transport Kawaguchiko to Kofu 2015/2/19 22:50
Hello, I was looking best transport at 28 March 2015 from Kawaguchiko to Kofu around 20:00 (or up) for 5 person to catch up night bus (willer)
I've been looking up for info and get this:
1. Use train
(maybe) best choice consider the schedule but take a long time travel
2. Use bus
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+101952
If I don't misread, in that schedule last bus to kofu is 18:38 and arrive 19:53, this one can't pick, because my time ready go from kawaguchiko at least 20:00

So, my question is: Is there any cheaper and faster transport beside using train?
by kecak  

Re: Transport Kawaguchiko to Kofu 2015/2/20 11:20
Did you look up the train connections? They are much slower and more expensive than the direct bus!

I strongly recommend to take the bus. Indeed, the last bus seems to arrive too late, but one bus before that seems the best choice. 17:28 departure from Kawaguchiko Station. 1470 yen one way. Arriving Kofu at 18:40, giving you enough time for a dinner and boarding the night bus.

If you were to take trains, you would have to depart earlier, had to transfer along the way and pay considerably more.

A taxi ride seems to cost around 13,000 yen. Some taxis do seat five passengers.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Transport Kawaguchiko to Kofu 2015/2/21 00:56
First, thx for reply.. I think there some miscom in what I post before.. :)
I was looking for transport from Kawaguchiko to Kofu at 20:00 (or later) because I must catch up night bus at 25:00/1:00 am(29 March) [sorry if my first post bit confusing]

Train option was the first option came up. But same with your opinion, I think the train is take a longer time (around 2 hours) and more expensive.

The bus was best option if compare to train (faster and cheaper). But it didn't match with my schedule which the time I ready able go out from kawaguchiko at least 20:00

So I came up to this post for looking another transport option :)
by kecak rate this post as useful

Re: Transport Kawaguchiko to Kofu 2015/2/21 09:21
I'm sorry you have no choice but to take trains or taxis. I recommend you to take trains. Because it's more comfortable for 5 person.
by Toshi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread