Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pass for fukuoka-osaka-kyoto-tokyo 2015/2/22 03:22
Hi,
I will be wwoofing in fukuoka for 10days, then from there head to osaka-kyoto-tokyo. Please help suggest what is the most affordable & convenient pass to buy:

1) around fukoka.maybe ill get 3/4 days to explore. Should just take daily pass?

2)Fukuoka to osaka - other than flying..is there any cheaper alternative?

3)travel around osaka(2d), kyoto (3d), tokyo (5d). Which pass to cover all these? Possibly one that can get me to narita airport too. There are so many types of discounted cards..im lost. Help me!

The trip is in march.

Any other tips are welcome. Thanks!
by Wawa (guest)  

Re: Pass for fukuoka-osaka-kyoto-tokyo 2015/2/22 10:33
The Japan Bus Pass (or regular overnight bus tickets) would probably be your best value:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2369.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Pass for fukuoka-osaka-kyoto-tokyo 2015/2/22 10:35

Re: Pass for fukuoka-osaka-kyoto-tokyo 2015/2/22 10:48
Thank you.

How about the passes that can cover all 3 places (osaka + kyoto + tokyo). Is the JR west the best value?
I read that there is special pass for osaka for 1/2/4 days like osaka amazing pass or the kintetsu pass. Is buying separate pass for each place is better?
by Wawa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pass for fukuoka-osaka-kyoto-tokyo 2015/2/22 11:11
The only pass for trains that may pay off is the 7-day Japan Rail Pass. But it is almost three times more expensive than the bus pass.

There are some good city passes, such as the Osaka Amazing Pass. See each city's transportation page for a list of them.

But I can't think of a regional pass that would pay off for your itinerary.

reply to this thread