Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tokyo/alpine route/mt fuji/tsumago walk/kyoto 2015/2/22 08:28
Getting confused about the most efficient route to achieving the following.
Arrive in Tokyo, and wanting to climb Mt Fuji, walk Magome to Tsumago (either way), travel the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine route and hopefully climb Mt Tateyama, and spend a few days in Kamikochi, and Kyoto. will be flying out of Osaka at the end. Will be traveling by public transport (trains). Which order will be best(to spend less time on trains) to visit these places. thanks
by Vicki (guest)  

Re: tokyo/alpine route/mt fuji/tsumago walk/kyoto 2015/2/22 10:42
This is what I would consider:

Tokyo - (highway bus) - Mount Fuji - (highway bus) - Tokyo - (shinkansen) - Toyama - (Alpen Route) - Matsumoto - (train/bus) - Kamikochi - (train/bus) - Matsumoto - (train) - Kiso Valley - (train) - Kyoto - (train) - Osaka
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo/alpine route/mt fuji/tsumago walk/kyoto 2015/2/22 15:00
That sounds like a good doable option. is the highway bus better than the train to Mt Fuji?
by Vicki Hunter (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo/alpine route/mt fuji/tsumago walk/kyoto 2015/2/22 17:03
There are direct buses from Tokyo all the way to the 5th Station, which I consider most comfortable. Access by train requires two transfers along the way. I don't think it is cheaper or faster even for Japan Rail Pass holders.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread