Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kumamoto Castle, how long for visiting? 2015/3/2 04:38
I know the answer to my question depends on the people, but generally how long a person should take to visit the castle?
by Piuma  

Re: Kumamoto Castle, how long for visiting? 2015/3/2 09:49
Even fast-paced travelers who do not want to see all should allocate at least 45 minutes. But if you want to see everything, incl. Hosokawa Villa, you can spend half a day.

For the average visitor I recommend 90-120 minutes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kumamoto Castle, how long for visiting? 2015/3/3 05:40
Thank you very much for the informations, Uji! I hope I can visit the Suienji too the same day. Unfortunately, maybe I will not have enough time to visit the Hosokawa Villa...
by Piuma rate this post as useful

Re: Kumamoto Castle, how long for visiting? 2015/3/3 07:08
Uji's estimates sound just about right.

I was there back in 2013. Seeing everything at the castle will probably take hours, but the people in charge seem to have thought of that in advance and planned a couple of suggested routes for visitors, each emphasising a certain aspect of the castle architecture. I believe there may also have been a third option. I expect the pamphlet you'll get at the ticket booth will have the routes plotted out along with the expected time required for each.

https://withinstrikingdistance.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/field-report-k...

Cheers.
by Diego de Manila rate this post as useful

reply to this thread