Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Haneda to Ikebukuro station 2015/3/9 15:45
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked several times, but I still have some doubts. I will be arriving at Haneda on Thursday morning (around 10am) and proceed to Sakura Hotel Ikebukuro. I have a 26" luggage with me.

1. There are 2 ways of suggested route: transfer at Shinagawa or transfer at Hamamatsucho. Which one is better (considering the crowd) and has easier transfer to Ikebukuro?

2. During the transfer at Hamamatsucho/Shinagawa, do I need to change station, and how far will it be? Is there any escalator/lift?

3. On Hyperdia, I saw 2 routes from Shinagawa to Ikebukuro: Outer Loop through Osaki and Inner Loop directly to Ikebukuro. The Outer loop gives the fastest trip. What is the difference, e.g. do I need to change train at Osaki?

4. I saw a combination pass from Tokyo Metro for one-way transportation from Haneda transfer at Sengakuji station. I'm thinking to get the WELCOME! card. Do you think it's worth getting? http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/airport_bus/index.html#anc01

Thank you in advance!
by Moccy  

Re: Haneda to Ikebukuro station 2015/3/9 15:59
Go to Haneda - Shinagawa(by Keikyu airport line) - Ikebukuro(by Yamanote line).
This is the easiest, cost you 670 Yen.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda to Ikebukuro station 2015/3/9 16:36
Hi Tokyo Friend,

Thank you.
For transfer between lines at Shinagawa, do I need to exit and re-enter the gates again? Or can I purchase all the tickets at Haneda?
by Moccy rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda to Ikebukuro station 2015/3/9 16:51
You can buy the Keikyu and JR joint ticket in Haneda airport station from the ticket machine.
At the Shinagawa station of Keikyu line, just follow the passengers, the majority of passengers go to transfer gate to JR lines, at the transfer gate, insert your joint ticket into the auto gate, remember to catch the ticket, and now you are in JR Shinagawa station already. Go to Platform No.2 in JR Shinagawa station for Ikebukuro.

Re: Haneda to Ikebukuro station 2015/3/9 17:27
Hi Tokyo Friend,
Thank you, the information is very helpful! I'll be going for the first time so quite nervous of the train system, plus I have a luggage which limits my movement.

Sorry to ask many questions, but may I know further:
1. Are the JR & Haneda express tickets are applicable for certain timing? Or is it an open ticket for any time of departure?

2. At Shinagawa station platform no 2, is it only for 1 train line/direction? I'm worried that I board to a wrong train.

Re: Haneda to Ikebukuro station 2015/3/9 19:26
The ticket is valid for the day. No time limit while it's used in the same day.
If you are unsure, ask one of station staff who wears formal uniform about the ticket.
There are plenty of notice board and sign in Haneda, Shinagawa and Ikebukuro. And also, escalator and lift are available to use if you carry large suite cases.

The platform NO.2 in Shinagawa is Yamanote-line goes to Shibuya, Shinjuku and Ikebukuro direction. If you got on the Platform NO.1 which also Yamanote-line but goes to the other direction. Both No.1 and No.2 Yamanote-lines go to Ikebukuro(it takes a bit longer than No.2). So if you are confused, you can get on either platform No.1 and/or No.2, they both go to Ikebukuro without any transfer. Yamanote-line is a round circuit line, therefore, both direction or train go to the same station even though it goes to the different direction.

Re: Haneda to Ikebukuro station 2015/3/9 20:39
You can also try the monorail from Haneda to Hamamatsucho station, then to Ikebukuro station using the Yamanote-line, depending on the day of travel, you can get a discount ticket for 500 yen, instead of the normal price of 750yen.

http://www.tokyo-monorail.co.jp/english/tickets/value/yamanote.html

by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda to Ikebukuro station 2015/3/9 22:39
Since you will have luggage, a direct limousine bus is probably better than a train with transfers but it's slightly more expensive (1230 yen):

http://hanedabus.jp/timeinfo_e.php?areano=A&routeno=102&busstop1=7008&...

If you want to go with trains, you should probably buy a Suica or Pasmo card and not bother with tickets.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda to Ikebukuro station 2015/3/10 10:11
Tokyo Friend, thank you for the very detailed info, it helps!

Kms899, thank you for the promotion info. Which transfer is easier between Hamamatsucho and Shinagawa for Thursday morning?

Firas, limousine indeed stopped at ikebukuro west exit near the hotel but the cost is almost twice the train cost and trip time is similar or longer.

Re: Haneda to Ikebukuro station 2015/3/10 10:14
You can say it's "almost twice", or you can say it's an extra 600 yen. ;) 600 yen does not even get you a bowl of ramen in some places. Personally, i'd pay it for the convenience of not having to make a transfer.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda to Ikebukuro station 2015/3/10 20:44
Sorry, I will be travelling in june, so I haven't any idea which is faster, this is the station map of Hamamatsucho Station and Shinagawa Station, hope it helps.

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e1248.html

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e788.html
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread