Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy Imported games or consoles? 2015/3/10 17:55
I'm going to travel to Japan soon and I wanted to know if there is a store that sells US game consoles and/or games.
by jkim414  

Re: Where to buy Imported games or consoles? 2015/3/11 09:28
Why would you come to Japan to buy US games...
Maybe you can find something from the 2nd hand stores
by Ben (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Imported games or consoles? 2015/3/11 10:57
To make myself clear, I live in Korea and I happen to visit Japan in May and I want to buy US games and consoles without the outrageous shipping and handling fees from US or Canada.
by jkim414 rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Imported games or consoles? 2015/3/11 13:02
The ps4 and xbox one are region free (any game will work) The wii u is region locked so just buy it on ebay.
by americanperson rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Imported games or consoles? 2015/3/11 13:19
Not retail, but you can occasionally find US version games at the used game shops. Alternatively it may be easier to buy from playasia or have things shipped from friends/relatives back home. That's what I usually do as it can be quite a bit cheaper when the games go on sale.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Imported games or consoles? 2015/3/11 16:49
Thanks everyone. Just wanted to make sure :D
I was going to buy the New 3ds cheaper but I guess Ill just order from play asia like before
by jkim414 rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Imported games or consoles? 2015/3/13 08:43
btw, the 3ds is region locked so unless you can read Japanese there is no point buying a Japanese console.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Imported games or consoles? 2015/3/14 16:00
I can't think of any since Game Hollywood closed.

I sometimes find used NA versions of games at Sofmap.
by Goober (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Imported games or consoles? 2015/3/21 15:35
Traders 1 or 2 in Akihabara (sorry I can't remember which) has a small import section on the 2F along with the retro games. Almost all new and pretty pricey.
by dotpatrick rate this post as useful

reply to this thread