Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

review final plan for Kyushu / Chugoku 2015/3/11 14:08
Hi All

As I will visit Japan for 14 days with family (2 adult + 2 senior + 1 kids - 1.5 y/o), Pls help me check if this plan is good

Apr 1 : arrive Fukuoka 09:30 - going to Ohori park / Kushida Shrine / Tochoji. Stay in Fukuoka
Apr 2 : getting rental car and go to Huis Ten Bosh for whole day. Stay in Sasebo
Apr 3 : Go to Mifuneyama Garden + Yutoku Inari Shrine in the morning, and Peace park+ A-Bomb Museum in the afternoon. Stay in Nagasaki
Apr 4 : Gunkanjima at 10:00, and Glover Garden + Oura Church + Dejima in the afternoon. Stay in Nagasaki
Apr 5 : go to Shimabaragaiko & taking ferry to Kumamoto at 10:15. Visiting Kumamoto Castle & Suizenji Gargen in the afternoon. Stay in Kumamoto
Apr 6 : Go to Mt. Aso + Takachiho Gorge and stay in Beppu. Stay in Beppu
Apr 7 : Hell tour in the morning + Beppu Ropeway + visting Kitsuki in the afternoon. Stay in Beppu
Apr 8 : Go to Yufuin before back to hakata in the late afternoon & return rental car. Taking train to Hiroshima. Stay in Hiroshima
Apr 9 : Okayama (Korakuen + Castle) in the morning and Kurashiki in the afternoon . Stay in Hiroshima
Apr 10 : Himeji Castle in the morning + Kobe in the afternoon, plan to take Ropeway + Kitano + Kobe Harbour. Stay in Hiroshima
Apr 11 : Iwakuni to see Kintai-Kyo and go to Miyajima. will walk around Miyajima until evening and back to Hiroshima
Apr 12: Peace Park / Shukkeien / Hiroshima CAstle and back to Fukuoka in the evening
Apr 13 : Dazaifu + Fukuoka tower + Seaside park. Stay in Fukuoka
Apr 14: leaving Japan in the morning
by thanapohnp  

Re: review final plan for Kyushu / Chugoku 2015/3/11 14:59
April 6th seems very tight. Leaving Kimamoto, and seeing Takachiho Gorge and Mount Aso before driving to Beppu seems like a lot to do in one day.

I think you would be better off going to Mount Aso and driving to Takachiho, and staying there for the night. You would be able to catch the evening Yakagura Dancing at the Shrine.

I would then drive to Beppu, and do the hells afternoon tour.

On April 8th, I would stay in Kurashiki or Okayama, and not just Hiroshima for your day trips. You will have shorter commute, and more time at each of the places that you go on your day trips.

If you have not looked into this, I believe that the JR Sanyo Sanin Area Pass will cost less than the JR 7 day pass, and cover all the places that you want to go:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_sanyo_sanin.html

I hope this helps.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: review final plan for Kyushu / Chugoku 2015/3/11 15:38
Personally we like Yufuin a lot better than Beppu and would rather stay overnight in Yufuin. Kinrin-ko in Yufuin is beautifully covered in a blanket of mist during dawn.

Since the time is right I would strongly recommend a trip to Yoshino for cherry blossom. Their annual sakura festival is held Apr 10-12 with colourful parade on Apr 11 and 12. Yoshino can easily be done as a half-day trip from Osaka.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: review final plan for Kyushu / Chugoku 2015/3/11 15:50
Dear Both

Thank you very much for all suggestion
I will try to adjust my plan
by thanapohnp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread