Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fukuoka to Mount Fuji Area 2015/3/11 15:07
Hello,

Is there any fastest way from Fukuoka to Mount Fuji area?

I found a way:

- Hakata to Shin Osaka
- Shin Osaka to Shizuoka
- Shinzuoka to Numazu
- Numazu to Gotemba
- Gotemba take bus to Yamanakako

I yet to decide which area for overnight, but most probably is Yamanakako, easier for me to get a beautiful view for Mount Fuji (Welcome your suggestion :))

My question:
1. Isn't possible to move in this way for JR pass holder as i understand it is not covered for some train especially from Hakata to Shin Osaka.
2. Whole journey took almost 8 hours, is there any fastest way to reach Mount Fuji from Fukuoka?

Thanks for your help and advice.

Regards,
Wenli
by WENLI (guest)  

Re: Fukuoka to Mount Fuji Area 2015/3/12 17:59
Hi Wenli,

1. The JR pass covers all shinkansen trains with the exception of the Nozomi and Mizuho. You'll still be able to travel by train from Hakata to Shin-Osaka station.

2. Instead of travelling via your above itinerary, another option would be to take a shinkansen from Hakata to Tokyo Station, transferring once at either Shin-Kobe or Shin-Osaka. From there, you may take a highway bus from Shinjuku Station to Kawaguchiko (\1750, 100 minutes). The total travel duration would be similar, but without the hassle of changing trains repeatedly.

Yet another option would be to take a domestic flight (about 90 minutes) from Fukuoka Airport to Narita or Haneda, and then the highway bus from Shinjuku Station as above. Flights can go as cheap as \5000-6000 for budget carriers like Peach or Jetstar. However, do factor in the time needed to go to and fro the airports (especially Narita) and waiting times.

Hope this helps!
by jonathan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread