Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

My Travel Plans: Japan In One Month 2015/3/13 17:01
Hi there!,

ILll soon leave for my vacation in Japan. I am planning a 29 Days long trip and will visit at the beginning a friend in Gifu ( Any suggestions what to bring as a present?). I will be travelling with a 60L Backpack and ca. 15kg of weight in it.
I already posted once a itinirary but it wasnt very detailed and because of that I didnt get the responses I hoped for.

At first I would like to know, if my Budget is accurate: I planned ca. 3000 Yen per day just for food and ca. 1800 Yen per day for entry fees for museums such as all kinds metro and bus tickets ( excluding the JR Railpass for 3 weeks I bought). Is this to much – not enough? ILm not planning on eating in real restaurants or going all out while in Japan, but I wouldnt want to miss out on traditional dishes or places to visit just because of money.

My primary interests are Japanese cuisine and history.

Now to the actual travel itinerary:

Day 1: Arrival at 13.56 Haneda Airport Tokyo – Stay in Shinagawa ( Any suggestions for the afternoon? )

Day 2 (Start JR Pass): Catch a Train in the morning to Nagoya, arrival at 11.00 am in Nagoya -
7 hours of spare time in Nagoya – Catch a train to Gifu, where my Friend will pick me up

Toyota Techno Museum
Tokugawa Art Museum
Atsuta Shrine

Day 3: Pick up a train in the Morning to Nakatsugawa, Magome – Tsumago Trail hike, Stay in a Ryokan in Magome

Day 4: Back to Gifu with the train, arrival in mid-day

Day 5: Daytrip to Shirakawa-Go with my friend by Car

Day 6: Catch a early train to Kyoto arrival in Morning – Sightseeing

Day 7: Kyoto Sightseeing

Day 8: Kyoto Sightseeing

Day 9: Nara Daytrip

Day 10: Early train to Osaka – Kita-District

Day 11: Train from Osaka to Koya-san – Temple-stay, visit Shrines

Day 12: Long journey from Koya-san to Himeji, arrival at 14.30 – Himeji Castle visit

Day 13: Early train to Hiroshima – Atomic Bomb Dome, Peace Park, Peace Museum, Shukkei Garden, Hiroshima Downtown

Day 14: Daytrip Miyajima – Climbing Mt Misen, Daisho-In, Museum of History and Folklore

Day 15: Early Train to Nagano ( thinking of doing a short stop in Matsumoto to visit the Castle there ( would it be worth it ?)(Is it possible to store my backpack somewhere there ? At the Train Station maybe ?))

Day 16: Daytrip to the Snow Monkey Park – Shibu Onsen after visiting the park

Day 17: Train to Kanazawa, arrival at 12.00 am (suggestions?) - 2 Nights in a Ryokan there

Day 18: Kanazawa

Day 19: Train back to Tokyo – Stay with AirBnB Host there

Day 20: Daytrip Nikko

Day 21: Daytrip Kamakura

Day 22: Daytrip Fuji Five Lakes

Day 23 ( End of JR Railpass validity): Tokyo

Day 24: Tokyo

Day 25: Tokyo

Day 26: Tokyo

Day 27: Tokyo

Day 28: Tokyo ( What shouldnt I miss out on these 6 days in Tokyo? )

Day 29: Take Off at 21.23pm Narita Airport ( Suggestions what to do on that day?)

I would be happy if someone would have some suggestions on the best combination tickets for the three daytrips on day 21-23 ( to use the bus there and maybe cover some entrance fees )

Im very happy about every sort of feedback on my travel plan and let me know what you think about it!
Feel free to give me some improvements on my itinerary

Thank you so much for reading!

TheNihaou
by TheNihaou  

Re: My Travel Plans: Japan In One Month 2015/3/13 20:16
You might change order of Nagano and Kanazawa.
by dekopon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My Travel Plans: Japan In One Month 2015/3/14 12:18
I think the order Nagano/Kanazawa is correct.

At Matsumoto there are lots of coin lockers, and the castle is a good design/visit, and if the weather is good - very pleasant.

The stop is on the way to Nagoya, so that's the logical next stop, and Kanazawa would be difficult from there.

Monkeys, onsen and then Kanazawa for some fish - mmmmm. Then the shinkansen back to Tokyo makes good use of the train pass.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: My Travel Plans: Japan In One Month 2015/3/14 12:20
I would also visit Kanazawa before Nagano and use the newly extended Hokuriku Shinkansen between Kanazawa and Nagano. It saves travel time and reduces the sections traveled twice.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread