Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rezerving Nozomi in advance from Turkey? 2015/3/13 19:22
Hello,

I am going to travel to Japan between 4-13 april. I will go to Tokyo and then Kyoto. I want to travel between them by Shinkasen (I think Nozomi). I m very worried about that if I can not find free seat when I arrive to Japan. Because it is high season. Can I have a chance to buy ticket and maybe rezerve seat online now for april? What do you suggest? I prefe to 06.00a.m. early morning trains.

Thanks
by Erinc (guest)  

Re: Rezerving Nozomi in advance from Turkey? 2015/3/13 19:34
Nozomi service trains are the most frequent on the Tokaido Shinkansen. However, JR Tokai doesn't allow reservations, especially outside of Japan.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Rezerving Nozomi in advance from Turkey? 2015/3/13 19:38
Thanks for the information. Is there any other Shinkansen train which I can rezerve the seat now?

In addition to that I know that Nozomi is not in JR Pass and if I buy JR Pass and choose a Shinkansen train which it is in Pass, can I reserve the seat now via JR Pass or it also allows when I arrive to Japan?

Thanks
by Erinc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rezerving Nozomi in advance from Turkey? 2015/3/13 21:09
You cannot reserve for free if you do not have the JR pass. So no, you will need to be in Japan before you can reserve any train. Unless you use travel agency or someone in Japan to buy the Ticket for you in advance, but then you will have to fork out the money for it.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Rezerving Nozomi in advance from Turkey? 2015/3/13 21:11
Only shinkansen on the JR East area of service can be reserved from outside Japan.

http://www.eki-net.com/pc/jreast-shinkansen-reservation/English/wb/com...

While Tokyo and Shinagawa stations are technically JR East, JR Tokai uses them for the Tokaido Shinkansen. No services along the Tokaido line can be reserved, be it Nozomi, Hikari or Kodama.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread