Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need some suggestion 2015/3/15 20:10
I plan to hokkaido 28 apr - 5 may 15 . i arrive sapporo on 29 apr in the morning My draft itinerary :
Day 1 Sightseeing in sapporo
Day 2-3 stay in hakodate
Day 4 stay in sapporo
Day 5-6 ??
Day 7 sapporo for come back home

I'm not sure day 5-6 where i should go? If i plan to Biei. Where do i stay : which hotel? Or Where i should go?
Who can suggest me for my itinerary?

by Kwam (guest)  

Re: Need some suggestion 2015/3/16 11:02
After Hakodate instead of going straight back to Sapporo consider spending 1 or 2 days in Toya-ko and Noboribetsu. Noboribetsu is a top Hokkaido destination for an onsen experience whereas Toya-ko has evening firework.

In average year your time of visit is cherry blossom season in Sapporo (and Hakodate too). A popular sakura side trip from Sapporo is the Shizunai Nijukken Road which is roughly SE of Sapporo near the town of Shizunai.
http://shinhidaka.hokkai.jp/kankoukyoukai/shinhidaka-gaigo-hp/gaigo-en03.htm

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Need some suggestion 2015/3/16 23:13
Thank you very much for your suggesttion.
How about Biei?
by Kwan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need some suggestion 2015/3/16 23:55
Is your ticket direct flight from your city to Sapporo directly? If not, might be a good idea to start the trip from Hakodate instead of Sapporo.If there will be a transit at Haneda, do consider to start from Hakodate.

The reason is, Hokkaido train travel time is a lot longer than in main island where there are shinkansen options... (Sapporo to Hakodate is 212 minute ish with direct train..)

Otaru might be a good place to visit, or you could drop by at Biei or Furano. Main issue with trip to Hokkaido if you are not driving is, the amount of time you spend on train. Given that you do not have that much time in Hokkaido, do check Hyperdia on the time needed from one city to another.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Need some suggestion 2015/3/17 00:26
I can confirm that Noboribetsu is a fantastic place to go - but it's a little over-built up.

I've heard great things about Otaru and am a little annoyed that I have not been there myself....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Need some suggestion 2015/3/17 00:45
I have slight reservation about Biei. Biei is beautiful and to us it has the most beautiful countryside vista in the whole of Hokkaido. But late April and early May is a bit of between seasons and it is doubtful if scenery is just as good. It would be disappointing to go there specifically and find melting snow and barren landscape.

Re: Need some suggestion 2015/3/17 00:52
IMHO, if you want an onsen experience, skip Noboribetsu (too commercial) and stay a night at Marukoma Onsen.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need some suggestion 2015/3/17 07:43
If you care anything about the water quality, make sure not to skip Noboribetsu. It has some of the best and most varied springs in Japan. As many as seven of them can be enjoyed in a single bath, the one of the Daiichi Takimotokan. Make sure not to skip that if you decide to include Noboribetsu. Last but not least, Noboribetsu's hell valley and the natural foot bath a 30 minute walk further into the forested hills are also among Japan's best.

But I agree if this is your first (and maybe only) ever onsen experience, something less built-up may be preferable.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Need some suggestion 2015/3/17 11:18
Thank you very much for every sugguesttion. Those are good. I should rethink about my plan.

Re: Need some suggestion 2015/3/17 23:00
Who knows the blue pond? Is it nice and how can I get there?

Re: Need some suggestion 2015/3/18 02:00
The Aoiike Blue Pond is nice. By public transport it is on the bus line between Asahikawa and Shirogane Onsen with a en-route stop at Biei.

http://time.ajnet.ne.jp/busstop.hpml?rno=39&comp=1&si=10&bno=1748&bnoa (weekdays)
http://time.ajnet.ne.jp/busstop.hpml?rno=39&comp=1&si=11&bno=1748&bnoa... (weekends and holidays)

Re: Need some suggestion 2015/3/18 17:53
William5, Thank you but Do you have timetable in English?
by kwan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need some suggestion 2015/3/19 03:23
旭川駅前 is Asahikawa Station
美瑛駅前 is Biei Station
白金青い池入口 is entrance to Aoiike Blue Pond

Re: Need some suggestion 2015/3/19 10:57
Thank you.

reply to this thread