Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese sword parts 2015/3/17 00:43
Hi all, when staying in Osaka, does anyone please know where you could by sword parts.
I really need the handle/grip/hilt area alone.. no blade

It will act as part of a collage/sculpting I am making.

Truly hoping someone can help.

Kind regards.
by Braver (guest)  

Re: Japanese sword parts 2015/3/17 12:41
I've seen them often at flea markets, but they're surprisingly expensive. Do you need a real one, or would a fake/plastic/foam one work? I've seen those kinds in toy stores before...
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese sword parts 2015/3/17 20:40
Real could be great, but as part of a overall piece it could be if hardened material by preference..

Just keeps the authentic look if real, but if it gives of the look I could work with it..

Any ideas of markets/shops in the central or greater Osaka area?

Thanks for your help ^_^
by braver (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese sword parts 2015/3/18 00:09
Sorry, I know Tokyo better than Osaka.

Check around the forum for the flea market posts or search the net to see some going on when you're there. Don't forget Kyoto is close and might have some good options as well! Skip antique stores... they'll be expensive. For plastic ones, check toy stores. But sorry, I don't know any specific ones to turn you to. I've only been to Osaka a few times, and not for that.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese sword parts 2015/3/18 20:39
Thanks for the help,

I'll do some extra digging and see what I can find.

Yes my experience is better in Tokyo, so a new challenge in Osaka will be fun. Hope I get sorted.

All the best.
by Braver (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread