Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice on planned itinerary to Osaka & Kyoto 2015/3/18 23:41
Hello guys!

Is my first time going to these 2 places & I would like to have your opinions if the itinerary we have come up with is feasible. Much appreciated for all your help!

Day 1: Reach Osaka at noon, check in to apartment & explore Shinsaibashi & Dotonbori. Our accommodation is 10 mins walk away.

Day 2: USJ

Day 3:

Explore Tennoji area (Tsutenkaku tower, Shitennoji temple, shinseikai etc).

Explore Minami area.

Day 4:

Explore Kita area (HEP ferris wheel, osaka station, osaka science museum, umeda sky building etc)

Explore Osaka castle area.

We are considering to use the Osaka 2-day Amazing Pass for day 3 & 4 since the ride and certain admission fee will be covered.

Will you guys recommend using this pass?

Day 5:

Day trip to Nara. We are intending to stop at Kintetsu-Nara station and head toward the peak of Wakakusayama (while exploring the places of interests along the way) and head back to station for Osaka.

Would half a day be enough for us to complete this walking route? Eg. Reaching Nara at 9 am and heading back around 3 pm.

Visit Kaiyukan at Osaka.

How long did you guys spend in Kaiyukan?

Day 6:

Day trip to Kobe.

I was particularly interested in the night view at Mt Rokko as I heard it was good.

How do you guys find Kobe? Anything that you all would want to recommend about? We don't eat beef though. This day trip is currently KIV.

Day 7: Leave Osaka to head for Western Kyoto.

We are intending to just walk and explore Arashiyama without any plans. Planning to use half a day for this area as well. Is it easy to navigate around? Anything you guys would want to recommend?

Leave Arashiyama for Kinkakuji.

Leave Kinkakuji for guesthouse in Central Kyoto.

Day 8:

Nishiki Market, followed by Fushimi Inari, explore Higashiyama and walk all the way to Gion. Ending with night illumination at Maruyama Park.

We do not have a specific interest (eg. visiting shrines etc), would just like to experience anything that Kansai region could offer.

Much appreciate the experts here for your input of thoughts and recommendations. Thank you!
by yint.qi (guest)  

Re: Advice on planned itinerary to Osaka & Kyoto 2015/3/19 12:51
Osaka is a nice city to go around
Howeve, Kyoto as a city is more interesting. I would spend an extra day in Kyoto anytime.
Osaka can be done in 2 to 3 days. Kyoto needs about 5-7 days to be done.

Besides the castle and usj, Osaka is mostly known for its night life. You can visit this after a day of sightseeing at Kyoto. It's a short train ride away.

Kobe night view is good. But it isn't awesome good.
There's little much besides seeing some European homes and sake breweries. It's very much a functional city than one with culture or other touristy stuff.
by JOSHUA hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on planned itinerary to Osaka & Kyoto 2015/3/19 13:05
Hi,

For kyoto, where else would you recommend? I might just leave out Kobe & head to kyoto for another day as day trip since my trip will be next week and accommodations at both locations have been settles and paid for.

Thank you!
by yint.qi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread