Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takuhaibin Kyoto and Tokyo 2015/3/19 11:50
Hai there,this will be my first trip to Japan, my trip will be Kyoto-Kanazawa-Shirakawago-Hakone-Tokyo.
Can someone advise me on these matter:

1. If I send my luggage after arrive in Kansai Aiport,how long does it take to arrive in my hotel arround Kyoto Station? Same day or next day?
If I decide to bring my luggage into Haruka Express train from airport to Kyoto Station, will it be a hassle?

2. If I want my luggage to be available in Tokyo hotel on Tuesday evening, should I send it from Kyoto hotel on Monday morning or earlier in Sunday?

3. If my departure flight from Haneda is on Saturday noon, should I send my luggage from Tokyo hotel on Friday or earlier in Thursday?
Would it be a hassle if I dont use takuhaibin but instead taking the luggage into Keikyu train to Haneda?

Thank you...
by detzblu  

Re: Takuhaibin Kyoto and Tokyo 2015/3/19 13:19
1. Some offered same day for some region, though expect a maximum of 2 days to reach for sure. Baggage on Haruka train, a hassle? No. I did it too but it was my 2nd trip to Kyoto so I know where I am going.

2. Best is give them 2 days period so your baggage will be at destination for sure, it always arrive within 2 days for me.

3. Thursday or Wednesday. Depending on your baggage and the time of your departure and your plane. I read somewhere there is baggage check-in at Tokyo monorail heading towards Haneda, I might be wrong.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin Kyoto and Tokyo 2015/3/19 17:34
1. If you arrive early there's a chance of same day, but more likely next day. The haruka train is always half empty and has luggage space anyway. If your comfortable moving it by yourself, it's a better option than sending it ahead.

2. Sunday.

3. sending to airports it's always recommended 36 hours minimum to be safe. As before it depends on how big your luggage is, i haul two large cases with me to the airport every time...as the train is going to the airport, you will find most people have cases.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin Kyoto and Tokyo 2015/3/19 18:59
although the company never guarantees next day delivery from Kyoto to Tokyo, almost of all (99%) parcels will arrive within Day 2, if you send them in the morning of Day 1.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin Kyoto and Tokyo 2015/3/20 07:07
Kyoto to Tokyo is normally next-day, although it may depend on the particular area. It also does not matter at which time you send the parcel, as long as it is before the cutoff time.

Yamato has a tool (in Japanese only) to calculate shipping times based on the shipping and delivery ZIP codes and the shipping date.

http://date.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/date/Main?LINK=TK

(replace TK with KT for shipping to airports).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin Kyoto and Tokyo 2015/3/20 10:07
Dear all,thank you for your reply.

Can I ask something more?
If I decide to bring the luggage myself to Kyoto Station and to Haneda aiport, does it involves many staircase? Considering that I will travel with my mother who might be not as fit as I am and each of us will have large suitcase (25-30kg).
by detzblu rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin Kyoto and Tokyo 2015/3/20 10:13
There is always elevator or/and escalator up/down to the station and to the ground level. Though, it normally involves walking some distance to find them, general rule is, if you do not see them, go find them (normally there would be map for you to see).

I remember lugging through Kyoto station was a breeze, I was dragging a laptop bag and a medium large luggage with me. No experience with lugging to Haneda though.

Re: Takuhaibin Kyoto and Tokyo 2015/3/20 10:17
Without knowing where you will be staying at Kyoto and your itinerary details.

I would suggest just bring your luggage through Kyoto station, since it is the start of your trip, they should not be too heavy yet.

Though, I do recommend you to send your bag from either Kyoto or Kanazawa to Tokyo if you do not want to drag 2 big bags around with your to Takayama and Hakone.

Re: Takuhaibin Kyoto and Tokyo 2015/3/20 11:12
vinces7, I will be staying near Kyoto station, so I think I will bring the large suitcase by myself to hotel as suggested.

Before departing Kyoto to Kanazawa, I agree that using takuhaibin to send my luggage to Tokyo will be much more convenient.

As for takuhaibin to Haneda, I think I will decide after seeing how much my luggage has "gain weight" after shopping in Tokyo.

Thank you once again for your prompt reply.

Re: Takuhaibin Kyoto and Tokyo 2015/3/20 11:24
Considering that I will travel with my mother who might be not as fit as I am and each of us will have large suitcase (25-30kg).

FYI, unless you are flying business or first class, the limit for free check-in suitcases is 23kg for most airlines, so try to keep your suitcases under that weight to avoid overweight baggage fees.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin Kyoto and Tokyo 2015/3/20 11:53
yllwsmrf, thanks for reminding me. If I'm not mistaken, the airline I chose (GA) gives me 30kg for international flights in economy class, but definitely I will recheck to them.

Re: Takuhaibin Kyoto and Tokyo 2015/3/20 12:52
Oh in that case, that sounds great!
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread