Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Finalize CD 2015/3/19 16:20
I'm using a Japanese version of Microsoft Windows and therefore can't read a majority of the options and menus. I have inserted a blank CD into my laptop and dragged across the files I want to back up. I'm now ready to burn the data. When I right-click on the CD drive a bunch of options come up and I can't read them. Now I'm trying to figure out what option means 'finalize CD'. If anyone could help this would be much appreciated!
by jennjett (guest)  

Re: Finalize CD 2015/3/20 09:36
If NOT over file size as total 700MB(some software possible over size writing) check bellow
- No closing(lead in/out) data space(400 to 2000b:bit/not B:Byte) or already burned.(over size)
http://www.lagoelette.net/goelette_2/gravure_c_est_quoi_files/zones-le...
- Too fast speed writing also no high speed disk using (burning failed)
- File name error. (writing/playing) : recommend alphabet or Japanese text only
- Disk error or bad quality (cheap one often happend)
- Disk device broken (writing/reading/data picking lens not clean) : Can other CD read?
- Wrong closing for CD-RW(not CD-R).
- Bought Disk for Music. (not for Data CD)

BTW, really CD-R or CD-RW and what name software using? WMP?
If DVD-R/RW need more closing disk spaces.
WMP is not recommend install other Eng menu software(free).
My windows PC using "Deepburner(freeware)" very simple interface.
http://www.deepburner.com/?r=download
http://www.grbc.net/sermons/burncd_deepburner.php

(extra)
- Burned music file(.mp3) but music player only accept(.wav/wave file) type
- Copyed lisence protecting illegal files. (.m4a/iTunes or)
by LTP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Finalize CD 2015/3/20 11:47
typo:
400 to 2000b:bit/not B:Byte is wrong
400 to 2000kb:bit/not B:Byte is so.(lost "k")
Depends on file numbers/names(long or not).
by LTP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Finalize CD 2015/3/20 12:28
hey LTP,
Thanks so much! I figured it out by taking a screenshot of the menu and uploading it to Google Translate. Thanks again!
by jennjett (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Finalize CD 2015/3/20 14:35
Finalized CD means that you cannot burn/add data to the CD once you finalized it, eventhough there is some space left. If you uncheck this option, you can add/burn the CD as many times as you like until the space is fully used up.

This option is only good if you are using the CD as data CD, not for burning Music CD.

When you burn music files (wma like normal music CD), the CD will be automatically finalized for you.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Finalize CD 2015/3/20 16:04
Hi everyone,
Sorry I don't think I made my initial question clear. I was just wondering what the Kanji character is to burn data/finalize a CD in Microsoft Windows. I'm using a Japanese version of Windows and I can't read any of the options to know which is the right Kanji for what I want to do. Fortunately with the use of Google Translate I managed to figure it out and burn the CD successfully. Thanks again!
by jennjett (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread