Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fujisan and Hakone - best itinerary 2015/3/19 17:09
Hello,

I'm hoping somebody can help me with my itinerary planning, as I seem to be going round in circles!

I'm going to Japan in June. For part of my trip, I would like to spend 1 night in Hakone and 1 night nearer Fuji San (maybe Kawaguchiko, would like to go to 5th Station).

I'd like some advice on the best order to visit, Hakone first or Fuji San first?

I will be coming from Tokyo, and after these 2 nights will be departing for Kyoto via Shinkansen. I will have Japan Rail Pass.

I'd really appreciate some advice.

A further thing to consider is I'm still unsure about what luggage to take - normal case, hand luggage size case or rucksack. Is there a way of seeing Hakone & Fuji that would allow for more luggages? Whether that's by transfer or leaving them somewhere?

Thanks in advance for your help!
by KatieJ (guest)  

Re: Fujisan and Hakone - best itinerary 2015/3/20 08:19
Can anyone help please? Really keen to know the best option so I can book somewhere to stay
by KatieJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fujisan and Hakone - best itinerary 2015/3/20 11:30
I'd like some advice on the best order to visit, Hakone first or Fuji San first?

I will be coming from Tokyo, and after these 2 nights will be departing for Kyoto via Shinkansen. I will have Japan Rail Pass.

In that case, you should do Kawaguchiko first and Hakone second and then head to Kyoto from there.

A further thing to consider is I'm still unsure about what luggage to take - normal case, hand luggage size case or rucksack. Is there a way of seeing Hakone & Fuji that would allow for more luggages? Whether that's by transfer or leaving them somewhere?

What's your itinerary look like? You can alway send larger luggage ahead to Kyoto while traveling Hakone/Kawaguchiko with a smaller daybag.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Fujisan and Hakone - best itinerary 2015/3/20 18:12
Thanks for your help, may I ask why Kawaguchiko first?

Total 2 weeks itinerary looking like this:
3 nights Tokyo
1 night near Fujisan
1 night Hakone
3 nights Kyoto
1 night Koyasan
2 nights Kanazawa
2 nights Tokyo

Any feedback and advice is most welcome!

by KatieJ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread