Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10 days trip Tokyo kawaguchiko osaka 2015/3/21 02:09
Hi, I'll be travelling in 2 person to Japan from 1st to 10th April. We'll be in Tokyo for 2 days, Kawaguchiko for 1 day & Osaka for 6 days.

Would like to hear suggestions on places to visit, but we would like a more relaxing trip.

Also, what is the best way to travel from Tokyo to Kawaguchiko and from Kawaguchiko to Osaka. Would love to try the bullet train.

And since we've 6 days in Osaka, which are the other places we could travel to? And what are the attractions.

What are the passes that we should be getting and can we get them when we arrive in Japan or what's the advice?

Would really appreciate all your suggestions.

Thanks,
Mimi

by mimi156  

Re: 10 days trip Tokyo kawaguchiko osaka 2015/3/22 18:25
by mijiro rate this post as useful

Re: 10 days trip Tokyo kawaguchiko osaka 2015/3/22 22:30
6 days in Osaka is a tad too long. 2-3 days is more than enough to experience the city, in my opinion. Kyoto, Nara, Kanazawa or even Hiroshima make great day trips.

Arguably the quickest (and cheapest) option to get to Kawaguchiko is through a Fujikyu highway bus from Shinjuku station (1750 yen, 1 hour 40 minutes). By contrast, a limited express train and Fujikyu railway train from Shinjuku station via Otsuki will set you back 3640 yen and take 2 hours.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 days trip Tokyo kawaguchiko osaka 2015/3/22 22:32
As for the trip from Kawaguchiko to Osaka, the most convenient method is via highway bus to Shinkuku station, metro/JR line to Tokyo station, and then a direct shinkansen to Shin-Osaka station.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 days trip Tokyo kawaguchiko osaka 2015/3/24 09:53
Thanks David. As per your suggestions, can I make day trip from Osaka to Kyoto, Nara, Kanazawa or even Hiroshima. What is the best route plan ya?
by mimi156 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread