Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cherry blossom in Mt Yoshino/Nara late april? 2015/3/21 12:17
I will arrive in Osaka on april 29, any place around Osaka I can go to see cherry blossoms ? Is Mt Yoshino still in bloom? if no sakura, is it worth to go up there?
by janit (guest)  

Re: Cherry blossom in Mt Yoshino/Nara late april? 2015/3/21 14:39
Is Mt Yoshino still in bloom?

No.

if no sakura, is it worth to go up there?

If you have an interest in shugendo mountain worship or the historical era of the two imperial courts (14th century), then a visit to Yoshino can be very interesting at any time of the year. But for the typical tourist I think there are more interesting alternatives.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom in Mt Yoshino/Nara late april? 2015/3/21 19:46
To see any type of Hanami at that time of year, you will need to go up to Northern Tohoku or possibly Southern Hokkaido.

It's possible there may be some late blooming varieties in places like Mt Koya (high elevation), but they will not be anything special (probably)...
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom in Mt Yoshino/Nara late april? 2015/3/25 17:50
I will be in Yoshino on April 14th. Based on your experience and current forecast, will cherries be in blossom around that time? Thank you
by Filip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom in Mt Yoshino/Nara late april? 2015/3/25 21:10
On 14th I think you will be fine. I will be in Yoshino on 21st April, worried it may be too late to see the blossoms :(
by bijomaru rate this post as useful

reply to this thread