Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sanrio Puroland, etc., w/o speaking Japanese 2015/3/23 08:35
Hello,

I am traveling to Tokyo this summer for a friends wedding, and will be bringing along my parents and three younger siblings for their first trip to Japan. Since there will be a few days in our trip where I won't be able to accompany my family due to the wedding, I was wondering if they could get along by themselves in a few of these places without being able to understand Japanese? I was thinking along the lines of Sanrio Puroland, the Tokyo Toy Museum or Kidzania?

I don't really know if this matters, but for reference the kids are my sister, aged 9 and my two brothers aged 8 and 2?

Are there any other areas/attractions that would be better for them?

Thanks,
Benji
by Benji A (guest)  

Re: Sanrio Puroland, etc., w/o speaking Japanese 2015/3/23 10:44
to go to such places will not be a poblem but whether your siblings/parents will enjoy/understand the places?

most of those place will have instructio/exhibition in Japanese. So not sure whether they will be able to enjoy/absorb the thing.

As for kidzania most of it will be in Japanese, however they have some special program in English, ENGLISH WEDNESDAY..
http://www.kidzania.jp/tokyo/en/english/ew.html
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sanrio Puroland, etc., w/o speaking Japanese 2015/3/23 15:00
My 5 year old loved Legoland Tokyo and needed no japanese to play with the lego, go on rides, playing with local kids and see the 4d movie.
He also enjoyed Tokyo Fire museum (which is free) and Ghibli Museum too
by nasum (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sanrio Puroland, etc., w/o speaking Japanese 2015/3/23 16:31
Sanrio Puroland is amazing but it is all japanese.

I went there and the ride (boat ride) was very cute, it went by all areas with Sanrio characters. Thing is, everything they said was in Japanese.

There was an interactive My melody game that had a time entry and it had english subtitles. That's it.
by sillyhead rate this post as useful

Re: Sanrio Puroland, etc., w/o speaking Japanese 2015/3/23 16:35
Sanrio Puroland is amazing but it is all japanese.

I went there and the ride (boat ride) was very cute, it went by all areas with Sanrio characters. Thing is, everything they said was in Japanese.

There was an interactive My melody game that had a time entry and it had english subtitles. That's it.
by sillyhead rate this post as useful

reply to this thread